6 months post LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

6 months post LIS

Postby Bambi » 22 Aug 2011, 12:31

Hi all- I have been out of town and then at our cabin so I haven't always been around the internet. I have found through all this that I am a much more superstitious person than I ever realized. One of them has been a fear that if I talk too much about being better, then of course things will fall apart. This did happen back last Fall when I had a month long respite and the last day of that, my sister asked, so things are much better? And I said yes and then woke up the next morning back where I started...
So anyway! Here is my 6 month report. Over the past month, I have gradually been moving toward that elusive state we have all wanted to get back to- going to the bathroom and not thinking about it very much. I was one of the ones who also had a skin tag removed and was having the one hour after BM need to clean up a slight discharge of BM for comfort. Over the last couple of weeks, I have noticed several things:
-I am not always having the "discharge" or need to clean up after an hour.
- When I do have something down there, the skin tag area seems to have become stronger and it isn't bothered so much by every little thing.
-When I look, the area where the skin tag was looks smaller and more normal.
-I am taking no stool softeners or anything like that and haven't for a while. I occasionally have a slightly firmer start, but generally have moved back to my former pattern of easily having loose stools. So I have cut back to have only 4 fruits and veggies a day and don't really think about fiber other than that.
- I am religious in having around 100 ounces of water a day and compensate with even more on a day when I hike or do something outside that makes me sweaty.
-Occasionally I have a day when the BM itself seems to make the area a little burny. That happens about once or twice a week but is not a huge thing.
-I am starting to become less anxious about the whole thing, although I still say a prayer before each BM, asking God to help me and to make everything come out ok.
So hope that is helpful to hear for some- and hopefully nothing will reverse itself simply because I am reporting my good fortune of late.
Bambi
For those who have been following about my husband, he has his 6 week checkup following his last treatments in June. We have made the most of this time and are both pretty nervous about today. However, we also know that the Dr will want to send off urine for a very indepth study so we probably will not know very much today. I'll post in "off topic" later to let you know. I appreciate the support!
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Re: 6 months post LIS

Postby Deleted User 579 » 22 Aug 2011, 17:23

Hi Bambi! It's so wonderful to hear from you! And it's especially wonderful to hear that you are doing so well! Image Image
That really made my day! :D
Thanks for posting all this information. It really is so helpful when people come back and provide updates. It's really good of you to do that.
Please do post about Doug. I am thinking about you both and hoping and praying for the best for both of you. Image
Deleted User 579

Re: 6 months post LIS

Postby Guest » 22 Aug 2011, 17:53

Hi Bambi,
Sounds like you and I are pretty much doing the same...
Prayers everything goes well for your husband!