fed up

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: fed up

Postby andyk123 » 14 Oct 2011, 16:58

thats great that you have a proper examination on the 21st november! id really be hoping for Botox at the same time if i were you aswell!
is that a general anaesthetic your having?? not that id want to be awake during something like that..but i really didnt expect it to be like going into surgery!
i got my referal about two weeks ago, my doctor said i will receive a questionnaire and then i will be put on the list. i still havent received a questionnaire though, so im not holding my breath. i think its going to be quite a while until i see CRS. i wish i pushed for a referal earlier..ahwel.
work is nt too bad....sometimes it can be very uncomfortable and i am just willing away the day, but at the same time - i am less likely to have a flare up when im working, because i get into a propa routine. bm first thing in the morning..and then im at my desk with fruit, 2 litres of water, and some veggy soup to get through in the day.. and then at 6 o clock i come home and have my second bm of the day.
and then my university day comes along and all routine goes out the window! thats when i have a mini weekly flare up. i have to travel 3 hours to uni - 8 hours of lectures - and then 3 hours home. so i am just too busy and pre occupied to stick to my regime. for some reason it also seems to mess up my bm's which are normally so clock work.
i just wish i had a good few months to focus on recovery, but its just not possible unfortunately.
i really really want to just have botox! im looking forward to hearing how it goes for you..fingers crossed.
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Sue27uk » 16 Oct 2011, 11:49

Yep, botox is under general anaesthetic but think thats just so they can do a proper examination without me being in too much pain. In America they do it without general anaesthetic I think but they seem to do it here in the UK from what I can tell. I've never heard of or done a referral questionnaire, maybe its so they are prepared for when you go to your appointment. I kinda bypassed the referral stage by being admitted to hospital! Routine definitely helps with bm I must admit, plus having the water. I'm a teaching assistant in a primary school at the minute and the kids keep a track of how much I drink and remind me - they're brilliant bless them! That is a long day for you at uni, it may be the stress of travelling or just the fact you get tired that puts your routine out. I know what you mean, I don't have months to focus on recovery either though I do have the bonus of school holidays!! I will let you know how I get on with botox, that is if they do it! I am going to beg I think, just want to get better now. I have been researching courses at uni, and changing career - well further training to slightly change direction but still work with kids. Feels good to be researching and making a move in the right direction. Want to be 100% health wise before I sign up though so I know I'll be able to cope as it may involve moving. Anyway, good luck with getting to see someone soon :D
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby andyk123 » 18 Oct 2011, 17:43

had to finish work early today. came home at lunch and just started crying. this flare up has been very painful and has really got to me, dont think i am going to be able to make university this week either. i hate how much its affecting my life! im considering going to gp to ask about anything they could give me for anxiety/ depression as i am driving myself insane now worrying about health problems.
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jenny2 » 18 Oct 2011, 19:44

hey andy sorry to hear that you have alot more pain. just wanted to tell you that i went on antideppresents and anxiety pills also because of the stress of all my medical problems. it just was driving me crazy, going to doc to doc and not getting any real help and then the pain i had with the fissure etc. they also put me on tramadol for the pain that i had. are you taking any pain pills....
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Postby andyk123 » 19 Oct 2011, 10:34

did the a.d and anxiety pills help you in anyway? i dont like the idea of it but i am reaching a point where i feel i shud possibly try them.
i only take paracetomal occasionaly for the pain but it doesnt really do much
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jenny2 » 19 Oct 2011, 10:43

yes they did help me some but they take awhile to go into affect ( like a month) the antideppresents. the anti anxiety pills go into affect right away. i had to take something because i was very stressed about medical problems, doctors and trying to get better. it was hard for me to live with pain every day and think about that i would never get better and be able to have a life again. i didnt want to take them either really but i was not able to stop crying because i was getting so deppressed..
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby TonyStone » 19 Oct 2011, 12:37

I feel your pain, I hope you find relief soon.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Sue27uk » 19 Oct 2011, 14:34

I know how you feel, as I too felt like this. I went to my doc and she didn't want to give me anti depressants. She suggested St John's Wort, which you can get from Holland and Barrett. It's quite strong, I have been taking 3 a day for the past 4 months and its really helped. It kind of takes the edge off things, they are a bit like anti depressants in that you have to drop them off gradually but I think it takes a lot longer to get off anti depressants. Benefit is that it is herbal and you don't need a prescription. Maybe speak to your doctor, as I am in the process of having counselling which has helped me to deal with all of this (plus some other stuff which I had bottled away), to the point where I am able to drop off the st Johns wort a bit. Just thought I'd let you know what I have tried. If you go to your doctor, be completely honest with how you are feeling. It's a sign of strength to ask for help if you need it :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby jenny2 » 20 Oct 2011, 07:48

hey andy, my daughter also took st johns wort for deppression but you have to be careful with it cause it can interact with other medicines that you may be taking. she had to stop taking it because of a interaction. i agree with sue if you are honest with you doctor it will help you alot. i really didnt want to bring up the problem of deppression with the medical problems i was having because alot of docs look at this in a bad way, but my doc seemed to understand what i was going thru and said he would help me in any way he could.
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby StevePain » 24 Oct 2011, 11:36

andyk123 wrote:had to finish work early today. came home at lunch and just started crying. this flare up has been very painful and has really got to me, dont think i am going to be able to make university this week either. i hate how much its affecting my life! im considering going to gp to ask about anything they could give me for anxiety/ depression as i am driving myself insane now worrying about health problems.

andy, I can totally relate to the way you're feeling, I've sat and cried before now because of the pain and worry, infact I'm worrying right now because of a severe flare up, the whole ordeal affects us mentally as well as physically, it takes another person with a fissure to understand.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45