I'm so fed up please help

In need of support

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I'm so fed up please help

Postby Susanhalliday » 02 Jul 2014, 04:52

Hi my name is Susan,

I've had an anal fissure now for around 5-6 weeks and I'm in agony every day.

I've been rushed to hospital four times for morphine because it has been that bad.

The doctor has given me cream and laxatives to take but I feel like it isn't getting any better.

I'm so fed up at the moment and I feel depressed.

Can anyone give me some advice or tips in how to cope with this?

Thanks
Susanhalliday

Topics: 2

Re: I'm so fed up please help

Postby jlm1 » 04 Jul 2014, 11:42

Hi Susan,

I'm so sorry that you are in pain and dealing with this. I know how terrible it is. I have been dealing with a fissure for about 5 weeks now and my life is revolving around the pain and my BM. It's so debilitating and frustrating and has brought me to tears on more than one occasion.
I have been using rectiv cream for 4 weeks now and it is very, very slowly getting better. Some days I have hours of no pain. I generally try to only use the cream morning and night, which is the direction on the label, but some days I have had to use a bit more. I don't know if this is really ok or not. I take lots of sitz baths, which help while I'm in them but the pain comes back again. I have bought an array of other things which help a little; coconut oil, dr wheatgrass, maunka honey, aloe vera juice.
I'm sorry that I cannot be more helpful to you. Just know that you are not alone. I have read and have been told that most fissures do heal eventually, it just takes a while. Hang in there :)
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Re: I'm so fed up please help

Postby Deleted User 3641 » 04 Jul 2014, 12:31

Hi Susan and jlm,

I have been in the same boat for about 4 months now. I work fulltime so I must commute in my car for around 45 minutes 5 days a week. Not sure if that is contributing to the delaying healing, but I do know that when I worked from home for a short time, life was much better for me as far as pain management. From everything I have read and what I have experimented with, I ended up going with a teaspoon or less of Pysllium Husk (Konsly) combined with Colace stool softener (not the laxative). The pure form of psyillium husk helped to keep the slow down the movement of the stool and give it a "slippery" effect on the way out. The Colace softened the stool even more so that it did not hurt during a BM. If you decide on taking the Psyllium make sure you drink at least 3 liters of water throughout the day. I started with a half a teaspoon of it and 8 ounces of warm water first thing in the morning. I then consumed a cap full of lemon juice in about 16 ounces of warm water. I then had my breakfast of fruit and cooked oatmeal making sure the oatmeal had plenty of water. The fruits I use are papaya, apples and pears. Some say that apple skins can cause problems on the way out, but with the psyllium and colace, I have not seen that to be a problem.

For me I think stress is contributing to my long healing period. I am going to see my doctor about a possible botox treatment, but I am not really sure what he will recommend. I have been using Diltiazem for about 2 months now. It takes several weeks to take affect, but it does seem to relax the area. If your wound is new, then you might experience some sharp burning and stinging pain early on. You might ask your doctor to prescribe Valium to take for muscle spasms after a bowel movement. I take half a pill only when the spasms are really bad. One routine that I found was working was doing light yoga movements to try to stretch the abdominal region so as to prevent constipation while consuming a lot of soluble fiber which could get stuck and become hard ultimately causing a hard bowel movement. If you can try to walk at least 15 to 30 minutes a day. That along with light yoga seems to help. Remember to breath in and out filling your diaphragm when you do yoga. That helps to release trapped gas and promotes better bowel movements.

HTH
Deleted User 3641