fed up

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

fed up

Postby andyk123 » 22 Aug 2011, 13:30

Things were going so well, I'd been on the nitro for two weeks nd felt almost back to normal. Nd then yesterday for some reason I had a painful bm nd now I feel I'm back to squarre one. I've kept my bms soft nd I just don't know why its gone so bad again.
I've been thinkin what was different, nd all I can think is I drank slightly less water, dint have a bath for a day, started anti biotics a few days earlier for a different problem, nd reduced the amount of nitro. But I just cnt bleev such small differences have made it so much worse. I genuinly thought I was almost better.
I'm feeling so bad about it now. Did any one else have so much ups nd downs nd eventually heal? Can anyone remember of some one who dusnt post here anymore? I'm wary of the fact tht the only people who stay posting are the ones who are still not recovered! I think I am at about 3 months now :(
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: fed up

Postby Deleted User 579 » 22 Aug 2011, 13:59

Hey Andy - I'm really sorry you suffered a set-back. :(
That's not too uncommon, unfortunately, especially for people healing with ointments. Even the healing proces and recovering from surgery has its ups and downs. Try not to feel too down. Healing takes a lot of patience, and it is certainly not a straight-forwards process.

You should know that there are people who post here who are recovered (or mostly recovered). Bambi just posted and she's pretty much completely recovered. I'm still around and I'm about 98% recovered (after two butt surgeries this summer!). Dawn is here and she's healed. A few others like NG, Kim, Cherlyk, Happyass came to visit and they are healed. Also, most of the people posting here now are new and just starting their fissure-healing journeys. So don't despair! The reason why most of the people here are still struggling is because the large numbers of boardies who were here and have gotten better moved on with their lives. You will too.
Deleted User 579

Postby of all the places to hurt » 22 Aug 2011, 14:20

Nice post Hope! Your so right!
Hope you get the answer you are searching for andy Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby val » 22 Aug 2011, 14:47

It is very normal for the healing to be up and down. It doesn't follow the same healing pattern that a wound elsewhere would - probably because most wounds can be left alone and be sterile, which a fissure never can.
You might still heal with the creams - but have you considered LIS?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby andyk123 » 22 Aug 2011, 15:05

thanks for the kind words people, really appreciate it. i think sometimes i just need to hear that it will get better..
i havent considered LIS yet not, i dont think i would consider that until at least the 6 month mark..i havent even seen a consultant yet, so it hasnt even been discussed. been to GPs 3 times now and i havent been refered. it took my third visit before nitro was prescribed, and i had to push for it! stupid doctors..
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby of all the places to hurt » 22 Aug 2011, 15:15

Andy, I am 5 months nearly 6 in now! God I know how unsympathetic the G.P's are here. They are not well informed about our condition ??? Or, they think we are drama queens!! I have already seen my CRS 3x and getting another scan & bloods done on weds. You really need to urge your doc to refer you! Once you get to see CRS the waiting time is off the scale. I saw my crs in february and I am up to the botox phase due in september. I urge you Andy, go and bang on the docs door tmrw and get to see someone who knows what he is talking about and who can help you with your pain and decision.
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby ouchtear » 22 Aug 2011, 20:07

Hang in there..
I recovered after 4 years of Fissure pain and 1 year of post LIS levator Ani Spasms..
I had ups and downs like a rollercoaster.
Sometimes very scary downs..
But there is good news that a lot of people here seem to give a shit..(no pun)
Including me.. and this forum was not here when I was going through it all.
So your lucky to have a lot of knowledge on here.
Keep going till you figure it out..
Sometimes Setbacks have no ryhme or reason.
My cure was finally figuring out on my own (no Doctor) that I had a wheat (Gluten) allergy causing a magnesium deficiency. Calcium and magnesium are the Ying and Yang of our bodies..
ouchtear
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Guest » 22 Aug 2011, 20:36

Andy, I had ups and downs for 8 months, until I realized I was kidding myself and had the surgery(LIS). It was all up-hill after that.
As Hope said- Happy,NG, CherylK,Kim,Fissy, Cheryl (who started this forum), Gizmo, Annie,Tabby,Philber,SmallChange,(I could go on and on)etc healed and moved on or rarely come in. Look in all the old surgery threads. They're all gone.
I'm still here. My recovery wasn't bumpy. Never saw blood, had any shards of glass, spasms since my surgery(Thank You God)!

Postby Sue27uk » 23 Aug 2011, 13:26

I know exactly how you feel Andy. I mean exactly! I had an op and gynae issues (which is when my fissure started I think in March). Fissure wasn't identified until end of May after I had been in hospital again, and I have been using cream since then (as am awaiting an NHS appointment in September). It seemed to get better and improve, then went horrendous again for no reason. It then improved again, I went to see a private CRS who said it was superficial (better than in May), and have now had 3 and half weeks of reduced pain, to the point where I only have a niggle now and then. Although I have another problem which is not resolving, the fissure is better. My doc kept saying "it takes time" and to be fair she has been right. I am fully prepared for it to go again though! There is hope, it has taken me nearly 3 months to get to this point. I know how down it can get you believe me, with all my health issues it has really affected me emotionally. But you will get better, keep going with the treatment and try to stay positive. I began thinking positively 5 weeks ago and it has made a difference, stupid as it sounds but it helps you to cope. I still have my down times but they are less. I know people who have had fissures and got through it, taking between 2 months and 2 years to recover. Keep smiling Image
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby andyk123 » 24 Aug 2011, 07:12

Thanks the support people. Really appreciate it. Having a terrible day today, feel right back to square one..I think I'm going to go back to my gp to at least get reffered to a consultant. I'm guessing that will be a huge waiting list though so for a long time at least I'm on my own. I handed in a prescription request for more nitro cause I am fed up of even seeing my doctor, so ill get back onto that tommorow, and this time get more before I run out. I really thought I was almost recovered this time last week, so I'm feeling so crap. I'm using my only holidays at the moment now aswell, cause I thought I would be well enough to enjoy them..instead I'm in the bath posting on here. :(
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist