Depressed and extremely low

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Depressed and extremely low

Postby Sue27uk » 13 Sep 2011, 10:30

Good luck for your appointment tomorrow Layla :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby sparkling » 13 Sep 2011, 21:50

yes the itching is terrible. i did use dialtizem for a month and stopped it when i felt that it is causing itch. but though its been weeks since i stopped it, i feel like the itch became strong and on the same pace. I am hoping to get some relief from CRS tomorrow...
sparkling
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Layla85 » 14 Sep 2011, 10:44

Thank you Sue, I've replied to the NHS thread to let you guys know how I got on. :)
How's things going with you this week?
Layla85
Salt Bather

Topics: 18

Postby Sue27uk » 14 Sep 2011, 13:57

Hey Layla, replied on your other thread. Really pleased you talked to someone who can help. I'm ok, feel better after seeing the NHS registrar, moving in the right direction now towards getting some treatment. I'm ok, done 2 mornings in work (as was out yesterday) and hoping to make it to Friday this week. Spoken to my line manager and we've arranged for me to do just mornings for the next few weeks then maybe do one full day and 4 mornings to see how I get on. Hopefully by then I will be heading towards getting treatment. Really happy for you! :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby sparkling » 14 Sep 2011, 16:58

Hey Sue thanks for you kind words. hope you are improving..
Hey Layla, read your post on other thread. Good to know that you found a helpful Dr. I feel like we are on the same page. I also had the appointment today and he also told me kind of same thing that he wanted me to try nitro ( i never tried nitro before) before taking decision on LIS. He also doesn't do Botox. I got some steroid cream for my itch problem. Hope it would give me some relief and get me back to my life again.. Anyone happen to be in NJ area and know some good CRS who give Botox ?
sparkling
Fibre Addict

Postby Layla85 » 15 Sep 2011, 14:34

Hi Sparkling nitro worked v well for me initially. I think my big problem with it was the itching that was unbearable after the second month of using it, so that I had to have a break from it (which tore the fissure again) and that I got complacent on it when it healed the fissure and thought I could cut down taking movicol. I would use it and movicol/miralax religiously and see how you get on. If it doesn't maybe ask your doc about anoheal? That's supposed to be stronger I think. It's healed so many people so I hope that you're one of the lucky ones. Good luck!
Layla85
Salt Bather

Postby sparkling » 15 Sep 2011, 18:46

Layla.. I am scared when you said about itche. I am already in terrible itch and dont know how i can help with that. I think anoheal is same as Diltiazem which i used for a month and i really think that caused me the itch. Now when I have bowel movement it itches horribly and I dont know what to do for that. The Dr says it could be some fungal infection and got me a cream. Now i dont think it is fungal as it comes up only with my bowel movement. Has anybody experienced like this? any tips to get it under control? :(
sparkling
Fibre Addict

Postby sparkling » 16 Sep 2011, 15:23

I used nitro yesterday night, When I applied , it really caused be the horrible itch of my life. It subsided in an hour but. I already had a tablet for anti itch before putting nitro. Its not the pain now a days its the itch thats bothering me much and refraining me from my social activities. sad! sad!
sparkling
Fibre Addict

Postby Layla85 » 16 Sep 2011, 15:50

you poor thing. Keeping the area as dry as possible is supposed to help but to be honest I'm at a loss of what to do about itching too, as it plagues me too at times. We're not alone with this of course so have a look on the forum (if you haven't done so already) and there'll probably be some useful tips. I was given xyloproct, which is a hemmie cream by my doc a little while ago, which was pretty stupid of her, as the hydrocortisone makes fissures worse. Sure enough the itch went but in time the fissure got bad as the cream couldn't relax my sphincter muscles- and the fissure has stayed bad almost consistently since. I would persevere with the nitro for the moment sparkling. So long as you're not getting massively irritated from it, it might well help you. Good luck :)
Layla85
Salt Bather

Postby jenny2 » 05 Oct 2011, 07:42

hey sue, how are you doing? havent saw you online for awhile and hope that means you are doing good. i think i have another anal fissure. was going to doc on friday but appointment cancelled till monday.
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35