Botox has healed me!!!! (4 week post op update)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Botox has healed me!!!! (4 week post op update)

Postby itpainsme » 29 Aug 2011, 19:51

I had my follow-up with my CRS and my af is finally healed. I was so happy to finally go to the CRS and come out with good news!! To recap my situation, I got an anal fissure 15 months ago. I tried all kinds of creams and did sitz baths along with psyllium fiber, Miralax and stool softeners everyday. I started to heal to a point I was not in very much pain anymore, but it was still there. After going back to the CRS I learned I had developed a fistula from the fissure. I finally had surgery on the fistula along with a skin tag removed and Botox all at the same time. Four weeks later and my af is almost completely healed Image I have another follow-up appointment in two months. The CRS told me to keep doing the fiber supplement, Miralax and stool softeners until my next appt. He says he wants to see the skin toughen up before I change anything. Believe me, I am in no hurry to change anything at this point!
For those of you on the fence about Botox, it has really worked for me. Now my concern is just not re-tearing the fissure when the Botox wears off. I am so tired of being concerned about my a**, maybe someday I won't have to be as obsessed. After 15 long months of dealing with this af, I am so happy to be close to normal again. I will probably always have a fear of tearing it again. It has definitely impacted my life in so many ways. During the worst part I felt like the pain was going to kill me and I thought I would never heal and be okay again. It put me into a depression. Now, I feel like I can finally have my life back again.
For everyone out there dealing with the excruciating pain, just know it will get better eventually.
itpainsme
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: Botox has healed me!!!! (4 week post op update)

Postby Guest » 29 Aug 2011, 20:00

Awesome, Awesome News itpainsme! Image
Doesn't it feel great to have a BM without horrific pain!
Even 10 months post LIS, I still have the fear of it returning! I don't know if that will ever leave completely?!! :)
Congrats and thanks so much for the up-date. So good to hear!

Postby itpainsme » 29 Aug 2011, 22:52

Thanks Dawn! I can't tell you how great it feels to know I am healed! Like you, I don't think the fear of the fissure returning will ever go away. Oh well, I am wiser now and will always be more conscious of things that may cause it to come back. Letting myself get constipated was a hard learned lesson for me.
itpainsme
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby val » 30 Aug 2011, 08:11

Congratulations!!
So very glad for you.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby vsweeney09 » 30 Aug 2011, 09:52

That is awesome. I was wondering about botox and I heard it helps some people and not others. I have a feeling that is my next step. I am not sure what my CRS is thinking as a treatment since cream is not helping.
I will look forward to trying it if that is what she wants to do since now I heard a success story.
Enjoy some peace of mind and live a little now.
vsweeney09
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby Deleted User 579 » 30 Aug 2011, 12:17

Congratulations!!!! That's wonderful news! I'm so happy for you! Image

Image Image

It's great that you are getting back to your life. I know how much afs take away from you. I also felt sometimes like mine was going to kill me - those were the darkest days of my life! Thanks for posting and giving other folks hope. It's wonderful to hear a success story. :D
Deleted User 579

Postby of all the places to hurt » 30 Aug 2011, 12:43

WOO HOO Image
Fabulous to read about your triumph!
Now your like the rich guys & dolls over there is Orange County .....bet they haven't had botox on their ass hee hee... If any read this, us lot have the smoothest, youngest looking assess in the world yeee haaaa....
Joking aside, very well done and keep them bm's soft forever!!! Happy days!!
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Bambi » 30 Aug 2011, 17:58

Congratulations!!!
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby Sue27uk » 31 Aug 2011, 03:17

I'm really pleased for you, this also gives me hope too. I am waiting for an appointment with the NHS to speak about having botox as am not healing with cream. Thank you for giving me hope! :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby bigbabyboy » 03 Sep 2011, 19:04

WOOHOO!!! Congrats...feels good, doesn't it?!? I had botox three months ago and my followup two weeks ago and I am completely healed too!!! I'm back to my jolly ol' self again!!! It's been a long time coming!
bigbabyboy
Salt Bather

Topics: 9