gastro today and crs tomm

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

gastro today and crs tomm

Postby jenny2 » 01 Sep 2011, 06:32

hello all. today is my gastro appt and i am very nervous, i know that he is gonna order a colonscopy and that is gonna be bad because of my anal problems i am having. the mirlax is helping my constipation issues but now i am a bit loose ( cant win) but atleast i am not having to give myself a enema to go to the bathroom. tomm i see my crs to find out why i am having problems in the anal area again after they told me the fissure was healed.
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Re: gastro today and crs tomm

Postby Deleted User 579 » 01 Sep 2011, 07:56

Jenny, good luck with your appointments. Try not to worry too much about the colonoscopy. I got one too when I had my fissure and inflammed and tender anal tissue, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Everything that comes out is just liquid, so there's no danger of formed stools causing pain, and, surprisingly, I didn't have the kind of liquid stool that stings (maybe because of the stuff I had to drink??). Anyway, I just wanted to reassure you that my experience with a colonoscopy was not so bad. The stuff you have to drink is obnoxious, but if you make it very cold, it doesn't taste so horrible. I hope your appointments go well! :D
Deleted User 579

Postby val » 01 Sep 2011, 12:14

Good luck Jenny.
At least they will find out what the problem is, and you will be one step closer to healing.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby jenny2 » 01 Sep 2011, 16:51

well the gastro is testing me for celiac. i had celiac diagnosed 7 years ago by igd testing i think which said villi was flat and postive but blood work said no, so i have continued to eat gluten. the gastro also wants me to ask the crs tomm if she wants him ( the gastro) to test for crohns, if the crs says yes they are going to order testing to look for crohns. he has ordered like 6 blood tests for celiac..
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Postby Deleted User 579 » 01 Sep 2011, 17:01

Hey Jenny - it's really great that you've got a team working on your case. It can take a while to get properly diagnosed, but it will be worth it in the long run. I know how exhausting getting all these tests can be - I've had plenty myself! Good luck with the rest of the tests Image
Deleted User 579