Hi, I'm Brian. And I hurt!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi, I'm Brian. And I hurt!

Postby claubson » 05 Sep 2011, 12:03

I was diagnosed by a CRS on Friday with an anal fissure. In one way, I'm relieved that it doesn't appear to be a life threatening issue; on the other hand, this has been the most painful summer I have ever endured!
I have read many of your stories, and I am blessed to have found a forum where I can speak of my condition and people don't think I'm exaggerating or whining.
Thank you thank you thank you.
claubson
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Hi, I'm Brian. And I hurt!

Postby Deleted User 579 » 05 Sep 2011, 12:40

Welcome Claubson! I'm so sorry that you have to be here, but it is good that you are, since there are lots of great people who will offer support and advice. :D
Deleted User 579

Postby Guest » 05 Sep 2011, 14:32

Hey Brian. Welcome to the forum! Sorry you've had a not so wonderful Summer with a fissure Image It was kind of a relief for me when I finally got a diagnosis too. It's always good to hear you don't have any life threatening disease but Lord ,there's nothing more miserable than a fissure Image!! Ointments, stool softeners ,baths and diet can help manage or possibly heal. I had LIS last year after trying for 8 months to heal, so hang in there. There is life after fissures!!
Everyone here understand and knows your not exaggerating or whining! Take a look around and if you have any questions or just want to vent, please feel free!

Postby claubson » 05 Sep 2011, 16:50

Hope, Dawn, thanks for the feedback!
I was prescribed a cream and told to come back in a month for a follow up. I will use the cream religiously, avoid the meats and cheeses that probably gave me the fissure in the first place, and follow the other good advice given my this forum.
Wish me luck!
claubson
Fibre Addict

Postby val » 06 Sep 2011, 13:38

Hello Brian,
welcome on board! Glad you're going to follow the advice - hope the cream works for you!
Good luck!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 579 » 06 Sep 2011, 15:35

Good job, Brian! Image
What kind of ointment did ya get? Nitro? Dilt? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :D
Deleted User 579

Postby claubson » 06 Sep 2011, 21:04

It reads as a Velva/Dilitiaz. I've no clue what that means...but I'm putting my faith in it. Thanks again for the support!
claubson
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 579 » 07 Sep 2011, 07:49

That sounds like Diltiazem combined with something else. Dilt is a [edit - calcium channel blocker], which works by dilating blood vessels. I was given dilt too, and I think it would have worked if I had been given it earlier. Good luck and please keep us posted!
Last edited by Deleted User 579 on 07 Sep 2011, 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 579

Postby JR » 10 Sep 2011, 07:59

Hey Brian,
hang in there. AF are a pain in the ass!! but like you, I also was prescribed the same cream. it seems to be helping as I'm in less pain than before the cream. I'm no expert by any means, but just take it slow and easy. sitz baths help me a lot. also try to relax, tensing up wont help that fissure heal.
hope you feel better soon!
@ Hope when were you prescribed dilt? hoping its not to late for me! Image
JR
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Postby Deleted User 579 » 10 Sep 2011, 08:09

Hey JR - I was prescribed the dilt in early April. I had had my fissure since February. But I think I actually had a fissure for almost a year by then, but it just kept healing and retearing while my doctors told me I had hemorroids! The big, unmistakable tear came in February. So by the time I got the dilt it was too late for me. I think if I had gotten in within six weeks of my first tear, I would have healed with it.
Deleted User 579