No longer know what to do!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

No longer know what to do!

Postby Sue27uk » 12 Sep 2011, 11:59

I went back to my GP today, not about a fissure related problem though. My doc has received a letter from occupational health asking for a report. I was off for 6-7 weeks after a gynae op, then had problem with fissures and ended up being off until the end of term (I work in a school). My GP signed me back on for the hols to get paid, and I have gone back as from 1st September mornings only to see how I get on. Was away on Friday but went back in today. Went to my GP and she said there is nothing wrong with me, she has now got to write a medical report and has nothing to say as there is no reason for me having been off so long, and that I am going to lose my job and she can't do anything as she has no evidence. She sees no reason for a phased return to work, and I should be doing full time. I could have gone in on the Friday. Why the bloody hell did she sign me off then?! So now I'm left with occupational health and work questioning me, no support from my GP, and I feel like I don't know what to do. Thanks to my GP I have treated myself for thrush for 4 months when I haven't had it and she doesn't know what is wrong (says there is nothing there). Despite the fact the skin is really red and I am struggling to sit, I believe its because I used the thrush cream for 4 months as instructed which has damaged my skin. When I saw the nurse she said I was inflamed and the doctor should do something. So I'm now living with this too.
I am now going to change doctors and am thinking of resigning from work. There is no way I am being spoken to like that again. I can't face all this anymore. Have a hospital appointment tomorrow and just hope they suggest botox as that is what was said in my private consultation. I was so upset after my GP appointment, I'm starting to worry its all in my head although I don't know how on earth the fissure could be - it's so painful. I have tried really hard to go back to work, and want to be there. I was so proud I had managed 4 mornings.
I'm so sorry for this rant, I am confused as to why my GP isn't supporting me, upset, and really don't know what to do. I'm not sleeping as I'm so worried now :(
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Re: No longer know what to do!

Postby of all the places to hurt » 12 Sep 2011, 12:34

Poor You !! Image
Listen, what ever you do don't jump in and resign from work!! You know you have got a 100% good reason for your absences so chill out Sue! Change GP I agree, but let off your steam on the CRS this week and get him to give u a sick note etc...tell him u have come off the books with ur GP as ur not happy with his treatment etc. and until u find a GP ur CRS will have to sort you out! I wouldn't bother with a GP at all. If you need a prescription filling for creams etc. then get ur local pct to give u one? Stay firm in your resolve, ur in pain and reading you lately, you want Botox so go get it! Don't let a person get to you this way. He/She isn't thinking about you right now. U have to think of U Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Sue27uk » 12 Sep 2011, 13:02

I won't resign, I am going in for mornings and have a note to cover that. If there is nothing wrong why has she signed a phased return to work today for over 6 weeks?! Makes no sense. What annoys me is last time I saw her a few weeks ago she said it was really positive I was going back to work. I think I am asking around and going to a surgery up the road as people seem to say that one has been good. Plus i wouldn't go to the new surgery about the fissure as that is being dealt with by the hospital now. Think she was arsy as she has to write a report - I told her I was back at work and she said that didn't matter she had still got to write a professional medical report. Sorry about all that, just topped it all off as my Mum has been ill and had to go to hospital last week aswell. Thank you for your support Andrea, I hope things are ok with you. Good luck for your appointment Image
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Postby Deleted User 579 » 12 Sep 2011, 15:32

Hey Sue - it really sucks when your GP is an idiot! You feel free to rant all you want here, that's what we're here for. Many of us had to struggle with GPs and other doctors who just didn't get it, or who would screw up, or just be general donks. There are, unfortunately, too many doctors out there who try to make us think that this is all in our heads. You know better! Definitely find another GP. Things got much better for me when I found a new GP. My new doc is wonderful. He put me on anti-anxiety and anti-depression meds, but not in a dismissive way; he was very sympathetic to everything I was going through and understood what a psychological toll it all takes. You are being very strong. Just keep fighting and you will win!
I'm so sorry about your mum. It makes it so much more difficult to deal with all this when a loved one is also ill. I hope she gets better very soon. And you post on here to rant or vent or whatever you need. You know you'll get sympathy from us - we know what you're going through! Image
Deleted User 579

Postby andyk123 » 12 Sep 2011, 15:53

sorry to hear this! I was under the impression that only my GPs were awful, but it seems to be a recurring theme!! seeing as though all they do is refer people when the problem is even slightly complicated, the least they could do is be supportive.
all i can say is thank god you have an apointment with a consultant tommorow.
before this fissure nightmare started i had urological problems for a while, and my GP was very dismissive, and i felt like whenever he saw me he just wanted to get rid of me despite the fact i was clearly very upset and since then i havent gone back. when you see your consultant tommorow though, you will see they are a different class to GPs. im sure he/she will be alot more understanding, and will write a note if you asked.
i am yet to see a CRS but i am still seeing a urologist for different problems, and he actually talked to me about my fissure aswell and was the one who suggested Nitro.
so im confident you will see a huge difference. just make sure you are prepared before you go. write out everything you want to mention to him, and take your time. i always forgot to ask things until i started writing down questions.
good luck for tmorow, im sure you will feel better after speakin to someone who actualy knows what they are talking about.
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby jenny2 » 12 Sep 2011, 16:14

sue. good luck tomm with your appt at the hospital... let us know how things went.
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Postby Sue27uk » 13 Sep 2011, 07:54

Thank you Hope, Andy and Jenny. My appointment today was much better, I saw the registrar (not CRS) but he was who I saw last time and he was really good. He didn't examine me, but talked to me and listened to what I said. I told him I have good days and times when I think my fissure has healed then it goes again 3 weeks later. He said he thinks I've given the cream a good go, and has recommended I have a thorough examination under anaesthetic as it will be more comfy for me. He said that way they can be sure theres nothing else going on and will be able to see if there is more than one fissure. If it is just a fissure I will be offered botox, he explained that sometimes its doesn't work but told me to research it (which I have already but didn't say that!). He said they don't normally offer the operation until further down the line, but was very sympathetic to how I felt. Much better than my docs appointment!! At least i'm being fully checked out and something is being done - I'm heading in the right direction hopefully! I feel happy there are some good medical people, some of my faith has been restored :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Postby jenny2 » 13 Sep 2011, 12:15

hey sue when do you go back for your exam in the hospital? i am glad you feel better after your appointment today. hope they get you figured out and you get the botox that u want.
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Postby Sue27uk » 13 Sep 2011, 13:18

I don't know Jenny, waiting for an appointment to come through. I asked him and he said he didn't want to say 2 weeks then it be 2 months but has marked my case as urgent. I will go private if the wait for botox after the examination is too long. I don't expect them to find anything but a fissure to be honest, not quite sure why they think they will as have had all the scans I could have!! Maybe they have to check before doing botox.
How are you getting on? Hope you are ok :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Postby val » 13 Sep 2011, 15:10

I think they have to check for everything in case someone sues them for negligence - they are just covering their own arses!
Glad you got an appointment with a competent doc, and they are doing something at last.
I think I would definitely change GP!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86