Winning or Losing?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Winning or Losing?

Postby JR » 28 Sep 2011, 08:04

hey guys Ive been away for awhile due to school, work, just a lot at once but I am looking for some advice.
Well I was feeling so much better starting to eat normal things again absolute no pain or bleeding. Well, I still was cutting out breads, dairy etc. But recently I had some skinned potatoes that I baked in the oven. Well today lets just say it hurt a little, not to to serious but enough to scare me. There was no bleeding though. Should I be nervous for tomorrows BM?
JR
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Re: Winning or Losing?

Postby val » 28 Sep 2011, 09:58

If it were me, I would take some milk of magnesia tonight, and use some diltiazem or nitro on before bed and before tomorrow's BM.
Or vaseline?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby JR » 30 Sep 2011, 10:14

thanks I just don't know why im going back to square one
JR
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Postby dwarfs8 » 30 Sep 2011, 23:30

it takes a looooong time to heal fissures. For me i have only start to calm down the fissure after 5 months of healthy diet and continuous use of prune juice and magnesium oxide for the last 2 months, before that i had plenty of retears and asking myself what have i eaten wrongly (even though i ate basically almost the same stuffs everyday) or whether have i drank enough (though gallons of water).
So the bottom line is this. My belief is still healing from within. Thus besides diet, natural stool softeners (like prune juice, apple juice, pear juice, flaxseeds, oats, etc), we shld take vit c to boost up the healing speed. Anyway, vit c is good for the health, so it's an added bonus.
continue to use ur ointments and sitz baths. Try ur best not to sit too long, as putting pressure on ur tears will only delay the healing too. And DON't try to part ur buttocks frequently to look at the tears, that will delay its healing.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby dwarfs8 » 30 Sep 2011, 23:32

aloe vera is a good lotion to apply IMO. it is slow working, but it's effective.
Don't be discouraged with re-tears, we all have been thru it and totally understand the pains emotionally and physically. Cont to have ur right regime to heal this fissure and eventually it will. If ALL ELSE FAILS and u have enough, LIS is another option u can go.
hang on there!
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Postby arsets » 02 Oct 2011, 01:09

i do hate those days when the fissure returns. I am sorry you are going through this. Ironically i found the humble potato to heal my wound but not by eating it!
I had a serious one for two years and my midwife mentioned to me that she knew a natural way to help with hemorrhoids and it may help with this. So with some reluctance i gave it a go.
Once you have cleared your bowels for the day, get a raw potato and cut a small piece, then shave it down to capsule size making it smooth. with gloves on or cling wrap insert the potato pellet into your rectum, it doesn't
have to be too far and let it sit there until your next bowel motion. It will come out by itself.
i only needed to do this twice over two weeks and my chronic anal fissure was a thing of the past.
arsets
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby dwarfs8 » 02 Oct 2011, 08:36

wow arsets, i wonder what's in the potato that has helped healed... interesting!
dwarfs8
King Fissure