Need your advice.....Pain due to Recent LIS -HELP PLEASE[

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Need your advice.....Pain due to Recent LIS -HELP PLEASE[

Postby Toby727 » 03 Oct 2011, 19:44

Well I am new to this site. But I am so thankful to have found it prior to making the decision to have surgery. I have been dealing with an AF for approximately 8 months. At the beginning I was told it was Hemi's by my GP. About 7 weeks ago the pain got so unbearable I just couldnt manage it anymore. I went to see a CRS and he tried to manage it non-surgically with diltzam (? sp) cream, warm soaks, diet, etc. But after nearly 4 weeks I revisted my CRS and my fissure showed no signs of healing. We decided that surgery was the next option. Luckily (I guess you could say that) my Dr was able to schedule me for the next day for my LIS. Needless to say I was pretty scared Image , but luckily I had found this site and with all of your stories it helped to know what to expect. :D
My surgery was September 28. When I woke up from my surgery, I was in a slight bit of pain but actually not as bad as I had been going through prior to surgery. Everything was going well so far. On Day 2 I had my first BM. Well I have to be honest, it wasnt very pleasant, but only last for a few minutes. I immediately got into warm water and the pain eased up quickly. This is Day 5 and I am still having some discomfort/soarness not necessiarly pain but I am still having problems with BM's.
I guess my main question is can anyone give me any ideas on how long it takes to get back to having normal BM's without pain. I am still watching my diet, drinking lots of water, using stool softeners but they are still pretty painful. I did start using miralax today since I had read of so may people have good success with it. My Dr. did put me on percoset and I have really cut back on how often I take the pain medication now. I have also been taking a few swigs of prune juice just get in my system. Really not sure if I am drinking enough to do anything or not. I am a little worried that I am still having such pain with BM's. Is this normal?
Thank you so much for all your help. This is a wonderful site and I am so lucky I found you. Image
Toby727
Toby727
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Need your advice.....Pain due to Recent LIS -HELP PLEASE[

Postby val » 04 Oct 2011, 13:33

It is normal to still have painful BMs, but it will get better and better as time goes on.
Softeners are a must - and you have to drink lots with them too. Give the miralax a chance to work - it should help a lot, as once things are softer, they won't hurt so much.
Hang in there!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby TonyStone » 04 Oct 2011, 14:15

I have had better success with Miralax , the cloace was doing nothing for me. Keep up with water too. I am in day 5 from LIS.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Toby727 » 04 Oct 2011, 15:22

Thank you so much for responding to me. I am on day 6 now. The miralax has definetly helped me today. Im going to stick with it now. The pain is definetely better than the pain I was having prior to surgery. If I could only sit now instead of having to lay flat of my stomach but I guess it just baby steps for now.... :) and one day at a time. Thanks
Toby727
Fibre Addict

Postby dwarfs8 » 05 Oct 2011, 23:27

hang in there, toby727. U will get there!
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Toby727 » 06 Oct 2011, 18:28

Hey Dwarfs8 --- Thanks for the support. Can I ask though, How long does the soarness usually last. I am 8 days out for my LIS Surgery and I am still having problems with sitting. Just curious, I didnt know if it would end soon or not. Thanks for the help
Toby727
Fibre Addict

Postby dwarfs8 » 06 Oct 2011, 18:56

hi toby, i nv had LIS before, but if i didn't remember wrongly frm dawn's experience (u shld read her posts!), she was sore for about 3 weeks or so. So, u should be fine. Read hopetoheal and val's posts too.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Toby727 » 06 Oct 2011, 19:10

Thanks Dwarfs --- I'll try to find them.
Toby727
Fibre Addict

Postby Rosa M » 07 Oct 2011, 11:48

I've looked for Dawn's surgery experience posts but when i search all conversations she started i don't find what I'm looking for. Can anyone help?
Rosa M
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 07 Oct 2011, 14:36

Hi Rosa,
Just popping in and can't help but respond....
My surgery post were pretty boring and uneventful. If there's any questions I could answer, just let me know.