New Guy...LIS 28 hours ago, w/48 & 72 hr updates

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: New Guy...LIS 28 hours ago, w/48 & 72 hr updates

Postby Sue1962 » 23 Oct 2011, 18:40

Continue to soak and heal!!! Keep us posted
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Away PITA! » 24 Oct 2011, 14:37

So went back to the CRS today. He cut my thrombosed hemmy open and removed the clot. Took all of about 2 minutes from start to finish. It didn't hurt much when he did it (not that there was anything pleasant about it). However after about 1.5 hours the numbing meds wore of and OMG did it hurt. After about 6 hours I'm feeling some relief. Still pain from the incision to remove the clot and some blood (to be expected for a couple/few days according to my CRS). Anyway, hopefully I'm done with the painful visits to the CRS!!! Still glad I did it, but I wish I'd gotten one of those quick, easy recoveries!
Away PITA!
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Sue1962 » 24 Oct 2011, 18:02

So glad you got that done!!! I felt better almost immediately. Tomorrow should be better!!! Just incisional pain and that is nothing compared to the TH. Continue the soaks and healing. How is everything else going from the LIS? No poop pain? Sorry if it is a TMI question but I am going to the Doc Nov 8th pre surgery consult...
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby Away PITA! » 24 Oct 2011, 19:31

Hey Sue. I do feel much better...BUT after about 12 hours and my 2nd sitz bath I've noticed some swelling at the excision site. I'm hoping this isn't a reoccurance. Did you experience this at all?
As for post-LIS not related to the thrombosed hemmy...everything is good. BM's are much eaiser and MUCH less painful. In fact at this point I'm pretty sure the hemmy issue is responsible for about 80+% of my discomfort. If it weren't for the hemmy I can easily see that the LIS is a walk-in-the-park (compared to really painful, chronic fissure).
Away PITA!
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby wecc » 25 Oct 2011, 05:30

Hi Sue, I can fully understand what you went though. I was coming back from Asia, 2 hrs into the flight I had to go to the bathroom and I got a tear. It was the worst so far. I wanted to jump off the plane, it was 10 hrs in a metal tube of not being able to sit or sleep.
Hi New guy, my cousin had the same problem as you did. After hell week, it all got much better for him. He is now 6 weeks post op and he as his life back again. He is so pissed at himself for waiting 2 years. I am do for my surgery the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. I kept going back and forth. Things can be great for a couple of day and I say “ok it healing on its own, no surgery and then a day later OMG, all day pain. The fact is my CRS said it not a big tear, it just will not heal and most likely never will. So off I go. It interesting how such a little thing can give you so much pain.
FYI…the thing that worked the most for my cousin was Mirilax. He said everything else was more or less useless. In fact, I am going to start taking Mirilax a few days before my surgery. Also, as many baths as possible. Last by not least, Magnesium pills! I also had a problem going most of my life and a Dr friend of mine told me to take 2 a day and they really work…all nature, no cramping…once this baby is healed, you want to make sure you stay regular.
Anyway…good luck…let me know how is goes
wecc
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby TonyStone » 25 Oct 2011, 05:56

@wecc, what type of magnesium?
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Sue1962 » 25 Oct 2011, 11:22

Hey Away
I did have some swelling at the incisional site and that healed as a little clump of skin, almost like a tag, but no pain like a fissure tag, and now just like it was before. I am glad to hear the LIS was a success for you and doing better!!! I can't wait to feel better too!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby wecc » 25 Oct 2011, 19:42

Hi Tony…first there are many different types of Magnesium pills. DO NOT take the cheap stuff. It will just give you the runs. I take Magnesium Glycinate 400 mg by a company called KAL. The Vitamin Shop sells it.
I have to say, I always had hard stools and like everybody here, that is what lead to my tears. I truly feel if I found this before, I would never be here. I take 2 a day in the morning with food. It really works great and is all 100% natural. No bloating or anything!
If you want more info on this, goggle it. Also there is a great book I would highly suggest…it’s called the Magnesium Miracle … I just went to amazon for you and it about $10 there…well worth it.
Becuase I am a new member, I am not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Therefore just go to Amzon and enter the name of the book....
wecc
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9