Please help, really worried

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Please help, really worried

Postby Layla85 » 03 Nov 2011, 03:24

So I've been using anoheal for the past few weeks and its been going fine up until last week, (no itching past first day or so :) ) But now I'm really in pain again and can feel a tiny lump at the other end of where my fissure is. It hurts to touch and can feel that that's what's causing pain during BMs. I've had a look and its not on the outside of my anus but just inside. It's flesh coloured I think. The scariest thing of all is that it 'looks' the skin inside it is sort of closing my anus up...Someone said long term use of movicol can do this and I've used it for a year now...
Any ideas what it could be? New skin tag? Hemmie? Out of mind with worry...
Layla85
Salt Bather

Topics: 18

Re: Please help, really worried

Postby shakeit » 03 Nov 2011, 04:46

Hi Layla85
It sounds like a skin tag to me, although I'm no expert of course. Do you have a CRS who is treating you at the moment? If you're worried you could ask them to take a look just to give you peace of mind.
I have a skin tag, its a flesh coloured lump that looks like it is blocking my arse too. It's actually attached just inside of the posterior and it moves aside with a BM. To the side of this I have another softer bump thing which isn't as hard as the skin tag and can cause sharp pain at times. The CRS said it may have been a hemmie at some point but nothing to worry about now.
Hemmies are not usually flesh coloured, more purpleish/blueish from what I've read. Apparently they can also settle on their own. I don't know how true this is. I doubt movicol could cause it as it is most likely that a form of trauma to the anus that has caused this. I've just checked the side effects of movicol and its doesn't state anything like this. http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100001760.html I dont take it myself so I can't comment from personal experience I'm afriaid. I take a different osmotic laxative called lactulose.
Also, just a thought as you mentioned the anoheal, I wonder if you may be having a bit of sensitivity to this. Perhaps try applying it away from this bit (you may not be applying this anywhere near that so it may not apply) that hurts for a couple of days to give it a chance to settle.
shakeit
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby dwarfs8 » 03 Nov 2011, 19:45

i have a skin tag and internal hem. the skin tag is a much smaller one while internal hemm is like the size of a small grape when prolapsed. Skin tag is not visible unless my internal hemm prolapsed. My internal hemm always seemed to be blocking my anus as it's right at the door of it, but rest be assured (my CRS assured me), it won't. When you are having BM, your anus will expand, and the hemm is soft, so it won't be in the way of the stools. You would feel "pressured" though.
if it's internal hemms u are dealing with (after checked by CRS), get yourself a bottle of horse chestnut cream from Planetary Herbals. It helps to strengthen the blood vessels (which is the hemm) in the hope of preventing further prolapse. It works rather well for me, though i still prolapse ocassionaly, it's not getting worse.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Layla85 » 04 Nov 2011, 14:07

Hey guys thank you for your replies :)
I haven't been posting here for a while mainly because whilst I've suffered with this for bloody ages, there are weeks (like recently) where it's been fine. The something like this happens and I go mental! It's great to have this forum as somewhere to get advice and support so Thank You.
I think it may be another skin tag...really not what I want, as one is bad enough to cope with and this indicates I have yet another fissure to contend with...oh well. what can you do. I've come to the conclusion that if I heal with or without surgery I will let my vanity put up with all the tags in the world if it means this doesn't keep interfering with my life the way it has! I have an appointment with my CRS on the 17th so will hold out til then.
I am worried about the long term effects of movicol. Someone on the forum mentioned the risk of stenosis when I posted about this a while ago...It seems extreme but I do worry. Without wanting to be too graphic my BMs have changed shape in the past year I've taken it. Much much thinner. I don't know why that is but think once again that's something I'll have to ask my CRS.
Thank you once again and hope you have a lovely weekend :)
Layla85
Salt Bather

Topics: 18