Winter's coming, internet improves, off to Cleveland Clinic!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Winter's coming, internet improves, off to Cleveland Clinic!

Postby Savaici » 06 Nov 2011, 07:11

I am coming from Northern Maine, so have to do that route. But, am a little nervous, nonetheless.
By the way, in case you don't see it, here is a link to some up to date comments on Chronic Anal Fissures:
http://www.wjgnet.com/2150-5349/full/v2/i2/9.htm
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Bottominal Blues » 06 Nov 2011, 11:55

Hi em,
nothing to do with fissures (this will be the only time today that I am NOT obsessed with them...sigh), but I read that you had roseacea, I had it too, just on one cheek, looked like pimples. The prescription cream I had been using, for 13 years, never worked. Then I tried tea tree oil on my face at night, and it worked! Can't remember how long it took to work, but not long if I recall. Told my doctor, he said it won't last. Very skeptical of natural healing. But it has been a couple of years now! But then again, my GP is the same guy who made me come back every 2 weeks for 8 weeks with my fissure to tell me "give it another 2 weeks, here is a different coritsone cream" Yeah, 5 months later, still in agony. Last trip to him, he said, yes, you should see a surgeon. Duh, you sent in the requisition 2 months ago, I still have a month to wait till I can see the CRS. Anyway, try the tea tree oil, it smell a bit, but really worked for me. Worked for my teen ager on his acne too! (but it did dry out his skin a bit, didn't for me) Anne
Bottominal Blues
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby jenny2 » 06 Nov 2011, 21:01

tea tree oil is supposed to be good for alot of things, but it smells really strong and i am a bit scared of trying it myself. what brand do you use?
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Postby Bottominal Blues » 06 Nov 2011, 21:21

Hi Jenny
I use one made by Nature's Bounty, but I think they are all 100% tea tree so it would all be the same. I did notice though, that the oil in The Body Shop (do you have that in the US?) was in a clear bottle and it must be in a dark bottle as the light makes it inaffective. My friend used a few drops in the shampoo she washed her kids hair with to prevent lice as they were in a school that routinely had it. Her kids never got it until she ran out and for a few weeks didn't use it....oops. I am used to the smell now, but perhaps not the most romantic thing to come to bed smelling like!
Bottominal Blues
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Savaici » 07 Nov 2011, 10:43

I am a little nervous about using Tea Tree Oil, as my skin is so darn sensitive already. Strange, but when I had the flu a few months ago, and was given a strong antibiotic which really knocked me back, it basically took away the rosy cheeks... I was a sick as a dog, but my cheeks looked great!
I have an auto immune disease (Behcet's) and had a terrible flare up afterwards, but my face was perfect. Go figure.
Still do not know if all my GI problems - constant pain in that region - are connected to the Behcet's diagnosis, and doctors are very reluctant to tie one to the other. Anyway, time will tell.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby jenny2 » 10 Nov 2011, 20:06

have you guys ever used the tea tree oil soap or body wash? i saw it in a health food store the other day.
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35