Winter's coming, internet improves, off to Cleveland Clinic!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Winter's coming, internet improves, off to Cleveland Clinic!

Postby Savaici » 05 Nov 2011, 10:48

Hi all,
Summer is definitely a no-no time in the Northeast for internet access. Now the winds and weather have knocked the leaves off the trees, so access is improved.
Hope you all (who live in the northern hemisphere) had a great summer. Wish I could say that mine had been pain free and wonderous, but, alas, no. Still much pain, still no solution.
I have resorted to living on a soup diet with all sorts of liquidy good things in it, to try to keep the pain at bay, but not that much success. But, after losing 40lbs (which I could afford, but would have chosen another route for weight loss), I am steady at 125lbs and have been for about three months.
If anyone followed me earlier in the year, I took myself to Boston to see a CRS. Not a fun expedition, and was not impressed. Have been on Nif since March, without much success. So, I am off to see a CRS at Cleveland Clinic for a second opinion, and hoping for the best. No fun being in pain every day of your life. That is about it, though I take a Lorazapam for the spasms now (only 0.12mg), and sometimes a pain killer. So scared of taking anything that will aggravate things further.
That is where things stand for me now. Will keep up with how it goes at Cleveland, here, posting the 'course of action'. I tried Mayo Clinic, by the way, and was told that I had a 'female problem,' though in my oh so humble opinion, I think they have it WRONG! Just because those parts of you hurt too, when you can't poop properly, something is up in that region first.
Anyway, hope all goes well with the oldies on the board - who have always been so kind Image - and welcome to all the new. :D
Em
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Winter's coming, internet improves, off to Cleveland Clinic!

Postby jenny2 » 05 Nov 2011, 11:40

let me know how you like cleveland clinic, i am from ohio and never been there before. i am serious thinking about going there for my derm problem that i have, i am that fed up...
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Postby Savaici » 05 Nov 2011, 11:47

What sort of dermatology problems do you have. I have had all sorts of things with my skin as was brought up in hot countries. Also have had roseacea, but recently had the flu and had antibiotics and it cleared it up. Very surprising. My sister had hives, but that cleared up too.
I am hoping against hope with Cleveland. A long trip for me, from the northeast where I live. And a long trip with the pain too... If you are close, I would definitely research their dematology and see what you can find. That is what I did for my problems.
Savaici
Administrator

Postby deb » 05 Nov 2011, 13:00

Hi Em...I am going to Cleveland Clinic too. Good Luck.
Last edited by deb on 06 Nov 2011, 08:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Too much personal info.
deb
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby jenny2 » 05 Nov 2011, 13:09

em when is your c clinic appt? good luck...
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Savaici » 05 Nov 2011, 18:41

My appointment is in three weeks time. And thanks for the good luck wishes! I did look up dr gurland, but she was not available. I will write about my visit when it's over. Excited about it!!!
Savaici
Administrator

Postby Deleted User 579 » 05 Nov 2011, 18:58

Hey Em! It's nice to see you again, but I'm so sorry you are still suffering. I can't imagine what kind of 'female problem' the docs at the Mayo could have had in mind. That sounds odd to me too! I really hope the folks at the Cleveland Clinic help you out. That place has a good reputation, from what I've read. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and sending lots of good luck vibes you way!
Deleted User 579

Postby jenny2 » 05 Nov 2011, 19:58

hey em. i called c clinic for my derm problems today and they said they will call me back on monday. i wanted to go to strongsville or indepence but they only have a derm doc at the main location. i have heard the main location is in the bad section of cleveland. scary.. i really would love to go up there to cc but i am scared to drive alone there esp if it is in a bad section of clev...
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Savaici » 06 Nov 2011, 06:03

Hi Jenny,
I don't know anything about where it's situated, but will go by taxi from the airport to the hotel which is on the campus, and then the same on my way out. I also heard that it is not in the greatest area...but what can you do. It is supposed to up there with the best doctors in the world.
I would not like to drive. Where I live there is very little traffic. Is there no other way you could get there?
Savaici
Administrator

Postby jenny2 » 06 Nov 2011, 07:07

em, no there is no other way i could get to cc but driving. i could possibly get someone to go with me but it will be hard cause everyone works. sounds like that is a good way to go their, stay at hotel and take taxi..
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist