Andrew, 29 years old-my story

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Andrew, 29 years old-my story

Postby yabas » 08 Nov 2011, 20:27

Hi my name is Andrew, on Saturday October 22nd, 2011 I started feeling a pretty painful hemmhroid starting, never having one before I was in alot of pain, so the following Monday I went to the ER. I was precribed laxitive and stool softner, nothing else. The next day I was in even more pain so I made an appnt with my Nurse practioner, he precribed some suposistories and everything starting feeling better. Until I started feeling a fissure, it started to get infected so they put me on antibiotics, and then told me to go back to the ER to get it lanced, after waiting for the ER doc to see me, he comes in takes a look, gives me another precript for antibiotics and says he is referring me to a surgeon. So I get a call yesterday from the surgeons office and they said my consultation will be FEBRUARY 23rd. Any advice, ie. change surgeons, do i continue the antibiotics. My right butt cheek is swollen and kinda hard and not to mention Iam a diabetic.
Thank you in advance,
yabas

Topics: 1

Re: Andrew, 29 years old-my story

Postby dwarfs8 » 08 Nov 2011, 23:52

feb 2012? Gosh, by then who knows what has already happened? (i'm sorry to say so!). If i'm you, i'll clearly switch to another CRS who can give me the earliest date! I'm assuming that it's infection you are looking at, can be abscess / fistula, since they have given you antibiotics. These aren't what you want to put on hold and wait, cos they can make you very sick (fever and pain). SOOoo... please get immediate help from another CRS!
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19