LIS and Hemmorhoidectomy tomorrow morning...Stressed tonight

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS and Hemmorhoidectomy tomorrow morning...Stressed tonight

Postby flipflop » 09 Nov 2011, 23:06

After many years of fighting the pain and trying every conservative treatment out there, I am finally giving in to having the surgery.
My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning and as of right now, I'm in a panic! I'm so stressed out, I don't know what to do. Been pacing the floors for a while now!
I'm hoping that I'm making the right decision and that I don't regret it afterwards. I have read many of the posts on this board and it seems like I'm making a wise choice. Thanks for being here, it really helped me to move forward with this.
flipflop
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: LIS and Hemmorhoidectomy tomorrow morning...Stressed tonight

Postby TonyStone » 09 Nov 2011, 23:49

Good luck, you will get through it and the other side of the tunnel is so much better even if the road there is bumpy.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby flipflop » 10 Nov 2011, 00:22

Thanks TonyStone! I'm definitely expecting some bumps, I do hope it's all worth it!
flipflop
Fibre Addict

Postby jenny2 » 10 Nov 2011, 06:04

goodluck to you today flipflop..
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Postby Sue1962 » 10 Nov 2011, 06:13

Good luck flipflop!!! You will be fine. Just think about all the good posts on here of others post surgery.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011, 16:30

Good luck flipflop! Image

Postby Savaici » 10 Nov 2011, 20:47

Good thoughts heading your way for your surgery tomorrow. The road may be bumpy, but you will be on it and not wondering how it's going to be any more. Best wishes! Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby flipflop » 10 Nov 2011, 23:03

Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement. Thinking the positive thoughts made it easier to cope with everything this morning. Surgery was exactly 12 hours ago. I did ok getting thru the surgery. They did local anesthesia with sedation and I didn't feel or hear a thing. There was a lot of pressure when I woke up. The doctor did the LIS surgery, skin tag removal and said I had 2 huge internal Hemms that he also removed. (much worse than he thought) He said that is going to be very painful for a while and told me to stay ahead of pain with the pain meds, which I have done. But, this is causing nausia. I haven't eaten anything but jello and applesauce and a lot of liquids. I'm pretty scared anticipating the first BM. Has anyone had a hemmorhoidectomy w their LIS? Does anyone have any suggestions, either about how to control the nausia or that first dreaded BM? I am taking Miralax and Benefiber already. Also, the surgeon told me that he placed some internal packing and that it would fall out either before or with the first BM. Has anyone else had this? How long did it take to come out? How painful was it, etc..
Thank you all again. I'm so glad I found this forum!
flipflop
Fibre Addict

Postby garlopa48 » 11 Nov 2011, 08:13

Hello FlipFlop,
I had a hemmorhoidectomy back in 2004 and I want to recommend you something..
When I woke up from the anesthesia I felt sore and a little pain. My big problem came when I felt the need for a bowel movement. Everytime I went to the toilet was the most horrific pain I have ever felt! It was like I was going to pass out of the pain everytime. All your anal cavity is hurt and passing stool is extremly painful.
When you feel the need for a BM, fill out a big container (big enough where you can sit) with warm water abd sumerge your butt in it. The warm water relax your muscles and help you pass the stool without that horrific pain. That really help me passing stool and the warm baths help with the healing. If you don't have a container like that, run to Wal-Mart, they cost around $12.
Good luck and we are here with you. Happy recovery!
garlopa48
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2011, 08:26

Hey Flipflop,
Philber had an excellent post on his experience with this surgery. I posted the link below.
http://anal-fissure.org/t2348-sphincterotomy-and-hemmorhoidectomy-four-days-ago