Help!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Help!!

Postby Quiggles » 10 Nov 2011, 07:47

I am so happy that I came across this forum and can share my issues/concerns with other people going through the same thing. I have had anal fissures now for about 5 years. The first time seemed to last forever to heal and over the past few years have had a few occurrences but not as bad as the first one. Now I have it again and can't seem to get it to heal :( The painful burning is what bothers me the most but find when I use ice that relieves it. Any other suggestions? I also have a skin tag that seems to inflame at the same time as my fissure. Thanks
Quiggles
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: Help!!

Postby dwarfs8 » 10 Nov 2011, 08:26

different people finds different ways to relief. For me is the aloe vera, best when it's chilled. You may like to read up the thread "my success story". Do a search and you could find it.
If you have exhausted your conservative methods, you may want to go for LIS
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Quiggles » 10 Nov 2011, 08:59

thanks that sounds great never thought of that :) I will look for your success story. What exactly is LIS and is it painful?
Quiggles
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 10 Nov 2011, 11:28

Here is a link to information about having a LIS (Lateral internal sphincterotomy). I think it is less painful than the fissure Image , but I have not had LIS so don't hold me to that!!
http://anal-fissure.org/t1850-surgery-information-lis
Lateral internal sphincterotomy
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby val » 10 Nov 2011, 14:20

LIS is where they cut the anal muscle to relieve the pressure and tightness that is preventing the fissure from healing.
If you have a skintag, then it is likely that your fissure is chronic, and would need medical intervention such as LIS or botox.
I had LIS - my only regret is not having it sooner!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Quiggles » 10 Nov 2011, 15:54

do they also remove the skin tag? It's amazing how they misdiagnose fissures. I suffered for months going to the doctor not knowing what was wrong burning and everything until he send me to a surgeon and he diagnosed it and said a lot of people suffer from it.
By the way this forum is AWESOME. Just found it today and feeling so much better knowing I'm not alone :( The stressing over it also makes it worse.
Quiggles
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011, 16:05

Hey Quiggles,
Yes they can remove the skin tag. Actually Val and I both had one removed with our LIS. I think it basically boils down to your decision and the CRS's.
I was told I could leave mine but it could keep causing me problems so I had it removed with my LIS.

Postby Quiggles » 10 Nov 2011, 16:14

Ok how was the recovery?
Quiggles
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011, 16:26

From my experience is wasn't as bad as my skin tag was on it's bad days. Actually much better. It kind of feels like a tight feeling there, it's sore like a bruised feeling and gradually got better each week. It's really hard to describe, but it wasn't that bad. I did have the LIS too so it's hard for me to say which was causing the feelings I had. I can tell you it's all tolerable and worth it. I took vicodin the first two days and then just otc pain relievers if that gives you somewhat of an idea. Now don't get me wrong it's a bruised feeling and it takes a full six weeks to totally not feel that feeling but it's not like you have to be in bed 6 weeks. I went shopping all day at almost 3 weeks post-op and didn't have any problems.

Postby Quiggles » 11 Nov 2011, 04:51

thanks for the info Dawn I am going to go and see the doctor again and see what he recommends :)
I actually tried doing a cycling class at the gym yesterday and dont think that was such a good idea.
Quiggles
Salt Bather