Sore after every BM

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Sore after every BM

Postby iaminpain » 11 Nov 2011, 22:46

Hi,
I am so glad to find this forum. I just registered and this is my first posting. I have been struggling with this issue for the past two years. I have seen a few surgeons and finally one did an advancement flap (anoplasty) on my posterior fissure with a minimum LIS. It has been eight months and I think that has helped out but not completely. I have very little pain during bm but the problem comes after that. My surgeon says I have a very tight internal sphincter (like Arnold Schwarzenegger!) and that causes spasms. When I ask him why didn't he cut more of internal sphincter to release the tightness when he did the surgery, he would say that it could have caused incontinent. He asks me to apply nitro paste. It helps a little but I don't want to use it for the rest of my life- I have used it for the past two months twice a day, and when I stop using it then the issue returns right away. Recently I've seen another surgeon, in the same group, and he could not see any fissure. He referred me for two tests; rectum ultrasound and anorectal manometry. I did both a week ago, and will visit my surgeon in a week time to discuss the result and any possible action. I have a copy of the results. The ultrasound found internal and external sphincters structures as normal. However, found a small fissure right the opposite side of posterior mid-line (the two typical prone areas for anal fissure). Also, the digital rectum exam was abnormal- non compliance (I don't really know what it means) I will discuss that with the surgeon when I see him in a week. The manometry found resting pressure of 63 mmHg (max), and 47 (mean), not sure if this is good or bad. One note was about suspicious for pelvic floor dyssynergia (not sure why this has anything to do with fissure, my stool is soft most of time. This usually causes constipation problem which I don't experience). Sometimes I feel not too comfortable with the accuracy of such tests. Sorry for the long write up, but wanted to squeeze as much information as possible. I am hoping to hear your comments/feedback; encouraging as well as discouraging, if any.
iaminpain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Sore after every BM

Postby dwarfs8 » 12 Nov 2011, 07:22

hi there, you have named many terms which i haven't come across.. but i'm sorry that u r suffering and hope that you cld find the real cause of your pain soon, and of cos, to heal completely.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19