Need help!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Need help!

Postby Tightybum » 22 Nov 2011, 11:51

First off, I should let you know that I suffer from anxiety which is made worse by this fissure business. I've suffered with fissures for 5 years which is more annoying than debilitating. This time though it is taking longer to heal than before. I am taking diltiazem.
Anyway I am freaking Right now because I noticed a small like zit beside the skin tag. It is not painful but itchy when rubbed or touched. I'm really scared that it could be abscess or worse a fistula. I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon but right now I'm having a panic attack from this. I'm hoping it's just an ingrown hair or something.
Please if you can share your experiences or reassurances. I'm just an emotional wreck right now. First the fissure and now this! When will it all end!
Tightybum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Need help!

Postby Guest » 22 Nov 2011, 12:10

Hey there,
I understand it's easy to let your mind run wild, but try not to worry too much! It could be just a bump that's nothing. I had the same thing happen and it was just that! I think all the creams can clog pores and just cause bumps that are nothing. I used Diltiazem too and had the same issue.

Postby Quiggles » 22 Nov 2011, 12:32

When I had my first fissure stressed so much over it made it 100 times worse and have had ingrown hairs a few times from it. Try not to stress over it I know easier said than done but I am the same way. Hang in there.
Quiggles
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Tightybum » 22 Nov 2011, 13:23

Thank you Dawn and Quiggles for sharing your experience. It makes me feel better that I am so not alone in this isolating condition. Nobody seems to understand what we are all going or went through. I just feel defeated right now because I have been trying to avoid/delay surgery until my kids are bigger but IF I have a fistula or abscess then I might be going that route anyway. I dont have family to help me and friends dont seem to get it. Two small children and a busy husband so it means all is on me. it
seems that Im trying everything but to no avail. Sorry for the vent/rant but right now I feel like falling apart. Thanks for listening/reading.
Tightybum
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 22 Nov 2011, 15:53

You're Welcome Tightybum! Vent as much as you need to Hon. I can't imagine having to go through this with small children and trying to manage. My youngest daughter was in Kindergarten when mine started. I couldn't have managed the surgery if it hadn't been for my older daughters who were/ are in College and helped me. The first few days were kind of rough. I got her ready for school about the 3rd day post-op and they took her and would pick her up. I didn't drive at all until around the 3rd week.
How old are your kids?
Take care Image

Postby Tightybum » 22 Nov 2011, 16:07

Thanks for the hugs Dawn! I was actually hoping for one just before you posted. :) it feels good to know someone cares. I have twin boys age 4. So yes, I am busy. They are the loves of my life!
Tightybum
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 22 Nov 2011, 18:52

Oh my goodness, how precious! I imagine you are very busy! I think PaulsPain has twins and (NG) Neuropathicguy.
I didn't realize how common twins are... What a blessing!
I do care tightybum. I know how hard it is dealing with the pain, anxiety and depression that comes with a fissure. You're not alone and I know you probably can't imagine it right now, but there is a light and the end of the tunnel. I thought I'd never make it to where I am today when I was going through the whole mess. I just wanted to die Image This place helped me through some hard times. Anyone who hasn't experienced butt problems could ever understand what it can do to your life!
Hang in there. You have support and people who understand here. I hope that you are able to get things to settle until you're little ones are older or at least get some help for a week or two and get the surgery!

Postby Tightybum » 22 Nov 2011, 22:18

Bless your heart Dawn for being there for us. You have no idea how much you are helping people like us who are in need of such kind words. Image
Tightybum
Fibre Addict