Proper Skintag Care?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Proper Skintag Care?

Postby simpsona » 01 Dec 2011, 21:11

Hi Everyone!
I have I believe is a seniel pile, or anal skin tag, right at the entrance. Details aside, it is a recent occurrence, it bleeds and is somewhat painful once in a while, and this persists for about 2 weeks. I have proctosedyl for it, and use it yesterday for a flare up that got quite bad. It's subsided now, but hurts when I have a bowel movement (I have a good diet, so there is usually not a problem).
I feel as if I do not know how to wipe properly and thoroughly with this skin tag after a movement, can someone please provide me with details about using regular toiler paper when it is not flared up? I think that may be what causes the initial flare ups... yikes.
Also, techniques for when there is a flare up?
Thank you for your answers, and for this forum of non-judgment!!!
Andrea
simpsona

Topics: 1

Re: Proper Skintag Care?

Postby Sue1962 » 02 Dec 2011, 07:24

Hey Andrea,
I NEVER use regular TP when flared up. I have found the best way to clean everything is do your business and jump in the shower, if you have a hand held shower head it makes clean up a breeze!! If you have to use TP get a very soft quilted one and wet it under warm water to clean up and then jump in the tub for a soak.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby suzyljank » 02 Dec 2011, 20:36

Hi, I have a few skintags from surgery and a fissure. They sometimes swell up and get quite uncomfortable. I never use toilet paper. I have a hand held shower in each bathroom and use that or I buy the flushable wipes. Try to keep the area as clean as you can. I use a little a&d ointment before I have a bm so nothing sticks to the area. Sitting on a warm heating pad helps too. Try not to wear tight pants too. They can rub and really irritate things. Are you sure the skin tag is bleeding because it's usually the fissure itself that bleeds a little. Sure hope this helps. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby shakeit » 03 Dec 2011, 07:12

A damp cotton bud/q tip used gently around the area can help clean up any residue. As Suzy and Sue have said dry TP can irritate so I avoid it too. Wash the area with warm tap water after each BM and pat dry.
shakeit
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby BrokenBuckeye » 03 Dec 2011, 08:30

I feel for you! Skin tags are a nightmare. Before I had my surgery this week, I found blotting with Tucks pads to be the best way to clean the tag. Be sure to clean it really well, as I found any residual would increase the irritation. As others have said, blood is likely from the fissure that the tag has developed to protect. I agree with Suzy, sitting on a heating pad and, or sitz baths will help with the pain.Even when the tag is not flared up, it is there, and I would discontinue using toilet paper all together.
If you have not seen a CRS, I would recommend that you do so.
A sentinel pile is indicative of a chronic fissure. A CRS vs GP will be able to properly diagnose and treat your symptoms.
These things can get wear you down. However, stay positive; there is treatment and there is hope!
Good luck, and feel better soon.
Jay
BrokenBuckeye
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Thank you!

Postby simpsona » 08 Dec 2011, 17:36

Thanks everyone, that was very helpful- I appreciate your answers!
simpsona

Topics: 1