Blood but minimal pain - anyone similar?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Blood but minimal pain - anyone similar?

Postby snowboarder12 » 06 Dec 2011, 12:21

So I'm new here and I was curious about a couple of things.
I went to a CRS about 2 years ago and had a fissurectomy with botox. Since then, my symptoms improved substantially, but I still have periodic issues. Specifically: if there is a large BM, I will frequently feel a slight twinge of pain and then there is invariably a good deal of blood on the TP. Good deal = large visible amount on 1st wipe, much less on 2nd, and only trace amounts or none after that.
Specific question: Does anyone else have similar symptoms? If so, have they spoken to their CRS or other doc about it? The last time I spoke to mine, she basically said that if it wasn't bothering me pain-wise, just ignore it.
The thing that has me really confused is the fact that I can be symptom free for a good month or two and then, bam.
Thoughts?
snowboarder12

Topics: 1

Re: Blood but minimal pain - anyone similar?

Postby Guest » 06 Dec 2011, 16:05

Hey there,
In the beginning of having my fissure, I would have very minimal pain and sometimes none at all, and would see blood. It scared the mess out of me because I hadn't been diagnosed with a fissure yet.
As for symptom free and then bam, well that's pretty much how fissures are... You may think you're healed then out of nowhere a re-tear can occur. One imperfect Bm or a spasm will cause that. Image

Postby snowboarder12 » 06 Dec 2011, 19:58

Hey Dawn, thanks for the reply! You said "in the beginning". Are you healed up now? Hopefully not worse?
What isn't clear to me from reading several of these posts is whether people in my current situation are just living with it and trying to minimize exacerbations, or if they're actively seeking treatment.
snowboarder12

Postby dwarfs8 » 07 Dec 2011, 03:40

if urs doesn't disrupt ur life, i don't think u nd to go for another surgery. U shld however watch wat u r eating, so as to avoid large stools.
Retears is common even with LIS/botox. They too have to watch what they are eating, so as not to be thrown back to square one. Retears after LIS can however (as mentioned by those LIS-ers) heal faster as the muscle down there has been permanently released.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Guest » 07 Dec 2011, 06:12

Hey Snow,
I had LIS in October of 2010. I haven't had a re-tear since. It was the best choice I made as far as my fissure goes.
It sounds to me that your fissure could be really small. I think that's how mine started out and after I was told to take metamucil, I had a really big BM which I could feel rip mine more which took me to a whole new level. Image After 8 months of hell trying to heal, I decided to have surgery!

Postby Guest » 07 Dec 2011, 08:33

Ps...
to answer your question , some are just trying to live with it and minimize there pain, some aren't able to get the surgery yet and some are choosing other treatments such as Botox, and creams. We have a few recently who have had or are having anal dilation Image
It's really all personal choice or/ and depends on the CRS what treatments... I personally got tired of being a slave to my a** and went for the surgery. I guess I was lucky enough to have a CRS who felt surgery was the best choice too and was confident with her abilities to fix the problem with LIS.
Don't let the re-tears after LIS scare you. It does happen and most say it's nothing like before the surgery. Many people have come and gone in this forum who never had a re-tear after surgery. Many of them have PM-ed me and not even posted much in the forum and done great. It's more common to see folks stick around who are having bumpy recoveries as they still need support... But most have and do eventually disappear from here...Lol.
Since you aren't having any real pain, then it's probably a good idea to see if you can heal, but statistically once a fissure becomes chronic , it's very difficult if not impossible to heal without surgical intervention.

Postby snowboarder12 » 07 Dec 2011, 09:34

Thanks a ton for the replies everyone. I guess the plan now is just to keep going with it as is, and not worry about getting in touch with a CRS for round 2 unless things get worse than they currently are.
snowboarder12