Some one whose AF healed completely after surgery plz help

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Some one whose AF healed completely after surgery plz help

Postby saradev » 10 Dec 2011, 09:20

:( Image :( I had fissure surgery this july.. and now its December still i feel little pain once in a week den if i apply smuth cream der is no pain for 2 weeks r so den the next week i get very very little pain but its a pain .. I dont eat spicy foods so stopped partying with ma frnds outside.. n i have lost weight nearly 4 kgs i look sick.. i feel confident for a week but again when it pains i feel like dying rather dan to live with it.. whoever got healed plz temme if im still in the curing period or ill get it back.. if i get it back seriously i feel like inserting a knife inside ma ass n tearing it n dying.. i totally lost hope... im in total dieting eat lot of fruits.... plz guide wat to eat too.. plzzzzz Image Image Image Image
saradev
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Some one whose AF healed completely after surgery plz help

Postby Deleted User 579 » 10 Dec 2011, 10:10

Aw Saradev! I am so very sorry you are suffering so much. Image
Please don't lose hope. You can beat this.
I was suffering too - I was in a lot of pain, I was stuck at home, I lost a lot of weight, and I also thought that I would rather die than continue like that.
I had an LIS done in May and my fissure is now healed. I admit, I had to struggle for a while, but I now have my life back and I'm very happy! I'm not in pain anymore I go out with friends, I'm starting to eat more tasty food (I even had a beer last week!), and I'm gaining weight and looking much better. I laugh, joke and I even dance (when I'm alone at home because I don't dance very well!) There is hope!
If I'm not mistaken, you had laser surgery and not an LIS? I'm wondering if maybe you should get a second opinion from a different surgeon. The LIS is considered the gold standard for fissures. Maybe you can talk to a different doctor and hear what they have to say. Meanwhile, are you taking lots of hot/warm baths? They can really help with the pain, and they also stimulate blood flow to the butt, which helps with the healing.
Please don't despair. Many of us had to fight like hell to heal, but we did it. Summon all your strength and find a doctor who will help you. You deserve to heal and have a good life, so you fight, girl friend! We are here to offer moral support. You can beat this! Image
Deleted User 579

Postby saradev » 10 Dec 2011, 22:56

thank u for ur support friend.. But i dont have any blood stain i got little bit of pain in dat area wen i pass stool.. so it wont heal ??.. should i do another surgery..!! omg.. :'(
saradev
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 579 » 11 Dec 2011, 09:21

If I'm not mistaken, Dawn didn't have blood when she still had her fissure (or not all the time). And I'm sure I've read on here that other boardies didn't always have blood either. So I think it's possible for there to be a fissure, even without blood. That said, I think it's a very good sign that you are not having major pain after a BM, since that suggests that you aren't getting spasms. That may mean that you are healing, but you're just not all the way there yet.
I wouldn't say you should get another surgery just yet. I really think you need to talk to your doc, and maybe even get a second opinion. It's really hard to know what to do when you don't know what may be causing the problem. Maybe there is a way to manage this last part of healing that doesn't involve surgery. But you've got to ask a doc to find that stuff out. I completely understand if you don't want to see more doctors - I'm so sick of doctors now myself! Image But to get an answer to your question, you really need to get looked at, and then make sure that the doc doesn't just pat you on the head and send you away (I hate it when doctors do that!). Insist that they give you some kind of plan and a follow-up appointment too.
Have you been trying warm baths? They really might help - they relax the muscles and stimulate blood flow.
I really hope you find relief soon! Image
Deleted User 579

Postby saradev » 11 Dec 2011, 09:32

Thanks for ur support.. ya i haven tried warm sit baths yet.. ill do it from tomo.. If i meet the doctor who did the surgery for me he jus says der is no fissure u r ok n sends me back.. I'm so sick of that doctor coz he doesnt say anything for dis to heal..:( wat do i do ?? Should i consult some other doctor suggest me plz :( :(
saradev
Fibre Addict

Postby Sue1962 » 11 Dec 2011, 14:43

Hi saradev
I have had absolutely no blood with my fissure for 6 months...It is still very painful and spasms are out of this world. I can actually see the gaping tear when looking with a mirror. Burns like hell and spasms for hours. Maybe you should consult the Dr and let them look at what is going on.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby saradev » 11 Dec 2011, 21:50

hi sue,
Thanks am going for a check up today.. plz pray for me guys.. wish nothing is wrong with dis,,!! Hope hope hope....!!!!!!! argggggggggggggggggg!! Image
saradev
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 579 » 12 Dec 2011, 09:50

Good luck Saradev! Image
Deleted User 579

Postby saradev » 12 Dec 2011, 10:04

hi hopefully.. :) i met another surgeon today evening n at first he insisted me fa another surgery but after ma anus he said no fissure n piles are there.. i dono y r u worrying n he gave me some stool softners n cream for the burning sensation.. Hopefully keepin ma fingers crossed ..!! IT should work out..Thanks fa ur grt suport hopetoheal really love u all guys!! Image
saradev
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 579 » 12 Dec 2011, 10:45

I really hope the cream does the trick for you, Saradev. I'm keeping my fingers crossed too! :D Image
Deleted User 579