Pain from tear or spasm?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Pain from tear or spasm?

Postby beachgirl » 22 Dec 2011, 20:39

Can you tell the difference? if so how?
timing?
i wake up with pain so ... which is this?
is it a truism that if you get pain a half hour (or whatever) after BM, it's a spasm?
are there any truisms?
etc...
thanks
beachgirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 30

Re: Pain from tear or spasm?

Postby Sue1962 » 23 Dec 2011, 06:48

Hey beachgirl. I think everyone is different on the spasm pain. Mine starts a half hour to an hour after BM and lasts for hours!!! When I would tear, it would feel like I was pooping shards of glass and pain was immediate and burned and felt like someone was sticking a hot knife there, then the spasms start. Also with the spasms there is alot of pressure and feels like a golf ball in there. The only way I could get quick relief lay on my back with legs in air, then get in warm water. Thankfully, I walk all day at work, and that helps too, but on my worst days, it is very painful and 800mg of Ibuprofen takes the edge off. I have been reading your posts and so sorry you are having such a rough time!!! I am scheduled for surgery in 2 weeks cause after 3 years I am so friggin done with pain!!! I started Miralax 2 weeks ago and it is a miracle...I only wish I found it 3 years ago, as I may have been able to heal this monster, but it wasn't meant to be...so, I will be joining the LIS club soon. Hope you feel better soon!!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36