Re-tear of AF

Why God?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re-tear of AF

Postby sarahdewitt » 07 Jan 2017, 19:19

2016 was probably the worst year of my life, so I wanted to start 2017 with positive vibes and the feeling that all problems concerning my butt were over. Boy was I wrong. :groan: My doctor told me I was healed and that I should keep applying the cream for a couple weeks just to be sure. That same day I had a rather bad BM and I guess that was the start of the end of my positivity. I didn't want to come to terms with the fact that I had probably re-teared my fissure.
The first week of this new year I went on a vacation with my family where it was hard to go on with my normal routine and diet. My BMs weren't the worst but they weren't the best. The final day of my vacation I had a rough BM that finally made me realize I've re opened my fissure. There was less than a drop of blood on the toilet paper, but it was there. There was some pain that lasted for the rest of the day, even though I took some Ibuprofen.
Right now I'm not only feeling discouraged, but outraged. It's been almost four months since this started and I'm still dealing with the same issues over and over again. There has to be more than life than eating veggies for every meal and running and hoping/praying that my stool will be soft. I feel so discouraged, hopeless, I don't know what I was expecting... that maybe the new year would bring some fucking good news...
I'm not planning on going back to see my proctologist, at least not for now. I'll try to keep my BMs regular and my stool soft (HA, LIKE THAT'S WORKED SO FAR) and keep applying the cream. If I don't see any improvements I will have to go back and have a real talk with my doctor. I can't live like this. He either gives me something, ANYTHING, or I don't know what I'll do. I know I've said before that I felt like I was losing my mind, well, now I'm on the edge of insanity for real.

:butthurts:
sarahdewitt

Topics: 3

Re: Re-tear of AF

Postby ouch_88 » 08 Jan 2017, 16:24

:sadd:

Boy can I relate!!!

I too had a crap 2016 and was hoping 2017 would bring some relief.

I've had my AF for 10 weeks now, I've had no bleeding for the past 2 weeks but the pain is still there. Not as bad when I have a BM but worse afterwards. And also just at random times throughout the day. Last time I saw my Doc she said it was healing. I just don't know what's taking it so long.

I WANT MY LIFE BACK :verysad:

Sending positive vibes to all :hugs:
ouch_88
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Postby LemonMan » 08 Jan 2017, 16:44

Hi Sarah, I read through your other posts and can see you have been having huge problems with constipation. Just wondering if you have tried Movicol or anything similar containing polyethylene glycol? I recently learnt about how this works and it's apparently a osmotic laxative which means the water stays in your bowel and can't be absorbed by the colon (which is normally what causes hard stools). Getting your stools soft is really important in combating this condition I believe. Sorry if I'm telling you to suck eggs by the way..

This problem is psychologically challenging for sure, but I reckon 99.9% of people get through it in the end. Fissures are a common problem and eventually you will get through it too, unfortunately it can take time. 2016 was a rubbish year all round, so 2017 will be your year for sure. It can also make you appreciate life more when you do eventually heal.

Best, LemonMan
Aug 14: Anal Abscess diagnosed
Dec 15: Anterior Anal Fissure diagnosed
Jan 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of Jan
Apr 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of May
Sep 16: Fissure back. Started Anoheal again
May 17: Botox and banding - fingers crossed
LemonMan
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby getmylifeback » 08 Jan 2017, 17:35

Hello Sarah,

I know very well what you are going through, not only from the pain and the discomfort, but the ups and downs and the dissapointments. To me the worst part, aside from the pain, is the anxiety. Most of us AF sufferers get post traumatic stress from what we go through. All i can say is that stay patient, keep your stools soft, colace has helped me out for a long time with my chronic AF. And if all conservative measures fail, talk to a CRS and consider LIS. It has a very high success rate, and most people wish they had it done sooner. Good luck and keep the mind and body is good spirits
getmylifeback
Fibre Addict

Postby roseyaa » 10 Jan 2017, 21:54

I feel the same way... I think to myself ALL the time that life should not be lived this way. We weren't born to suffer such awful pain and ongoing problems! I really don't believe that.

Stay strong everyone... I'm determined to find a solution (and no not surgery).
roseyaa
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby ESun » 03 Mar 2018, 20:01

Hi all!
How long did your spasms last?
What remedies worked the best?
Thank you so much!

Erica
ESun
Salt Bather