Feeling almost human again

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Feeling almost human again

Postby Anemone » 07 Jan 2012, 15:19

I almost don't dare to believe this but I really think I'm healing. I haven't had major pain since Christmas Day (just the odd BM which causes pain, but not the pain I had previously)
I am still taking the cocktail of Vit C, magnesium, zinc, acidophilus and Vit B. Still showering instead of wiping and having sitz baths and keeping up with the water and fibre.
When I saw my family doctor a week and a half ago I told him the diltiazem cream was really burning when I used it and he said I could have become sensitized to it. Instead he prescribed oral diltiazem. I was pretty scared as it's used for heart conditions but I've felt no ill effects, and if anything it may have helped. I am still taking the diazepam, but I feel almost normal most of the time.
I'm seeing my family doctor again on the 10th, and am almost 100% sure he will tell me he doesn't need to see me again which is a bit scary but can only be good.
I'm so scared it will re-tear, but at the moment my joy at feeling so much better slightly outweighs this fear. I think I'll carry on with my 'regime' for the rest of my life rather than feel how I have the last 3 months. I wish I could pass this feeling better on to all who have been so supportive this last couple of months Image
Anemone
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Feeling almost human again

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 07 Jan 2012, 16:36

Anemone, I hope you continue to heal and improve and never have to go back in for an AF.
I had an AF 3 1/2 yrs. ago - and it returned this past Oct. - so, I'm still battling it, although with not the high spike of pain I initially had. The area still does not feel normal - but I'm hopeful that I'll heal and this will be in the past.
I guess it takes awhile . . .
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby grannymaria » 07 Jan 2012, 19:18

Awesome news Anemone - happy for u sweetie. God willing we all get back to feeling better. I'm so grateful for finding this forum. God bless each n all
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby dwarfs8 » 08 Jan 2012, 02:04

hi there anemore, i'm glad u've been taking the right supplements that aided you on ur healing journey. I can't advocate enough on the supplements which helped me to be able to heal naturally too!
Yes, the anus wld nv be the same again, but as long as it's minimal irritation there and then, i'm still fine with it!
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Anemone » 12 Jan 2012, 06:24

And now I seem to be taking a step back to a couple of weeks ago. Not as good as I was. The last 4 days I've been sore after BM for a couple of hours. Not as sore as I was a couple of months ago, but sore none the less.
I saw my doc this week who says it's looking better again than last time and to keep taking the diazepam and dilitazem tabs. Nothing has changed in either my eating habits or my meds so why do I feel the way I do?
It's totally beyond me :-(
Anemone
Salt Bather

Postby alpinestrawberry » 12 Jan 2012, 08:23

I'm sorry Anemone. Stupid fissures, it's just the way it is. It's a roller coaster, I tell you! You can be fine for a week or two and it really elevates your mood, only to be crushed again when it reappears out of nowhere.
Dawn's advice was always to look at things a week at a time rather than day to day. If your doc says things are looking better, then that is a very positive thing, and I would try to focus on that. Are you taking any Miralax at all? It really is a great thing to take, it can't harm you and it will keep stools soft so you don't retear when you were just on the verge of healing.
If only I'd had Miralax when I first had my fissure! It was prescription-only back then. I wouldn't be afraid to take it for a year or even two years after healing the fissure, whether you self-heal or heal with surgery, either way. I had the surgery last March and just stopped taking Miralax maybe 1.5 months ago. It was way more helpful to me than any ointment.
Best wishes, I hope you're feeling better soon!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Savaici » 12 Jan 2012, 08:27

I know the 'totally beyond me' thoughts. I get exactly the same. I have the pain after for more than a couple of hours, sadly, but persist in trying to heal on my own, which will probably never happen.
I stopped using my Nifedipine as did not think it was doing anything for me. I already take Diltiazem as a medication so was a bit of overkill, especially with no result. What a little piece of hell anal fissures are!
I use petroleum jelly after a shower, only a small amount, and only on the exterior. I don't insert anything inside as this is what the CRS said for me to do (plus could not take the pain). One of the doctors that I saw prescribed Analpram. Used that a few times (inside), never again. Pain and blood after a day of pain.
I have just ordered and received Vit D in liquid form, delivering 2,000 iu in one drop. Also Lactobacillus reuteri, a Gram-positive bacterium that naturally inhabits the gut of mammals and birds...sounds weird. I got a dose for children, as I am terrified to doing too much to an already messed up 'innards'. Vit D is supposed to be very necessary for our intestines, and I know that I lack this (I live just over the way from NB), from blood tests. I don't eat too much, and I make my food quite 'mushy', but try to get the vitamins, etc that I need. I eat soy, as don't eat meat. Also got some New Zealand Manuka honey...which I am taking a teaspoon of a day.
Feel better soon. Image Always good to share info.
P.S. I take Milk of Magnesia, just a small amount. Have tried all the others, and this suits me. But, others swear by Mirilax. Just found it too much for me. Image
Savaici
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Anemone » 12 Jan 2012, 15:42

Thanks Strawberry and Savaici for your help. It's always good to see what others are using/doing.
I don't take mirilax as I'm literally never constipated. I have a good diet, plenty of fibre and find that I'm regular and it's always 'easy' to pass (what a great topic of conversation!) I drink plenty of water too.
I've just started using aloe vera. I managed to get some pretty pure stuff online, no alcohol so it's worth a try.
Thanks again for your positive words. All I seem to do is take without giving much back! Image
Anemone
Salt Bather

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 12 Jan 2012, 15:55

Well, I've had a set-back today.
Sometimes I think I'll never get over this!! I'm so tired of it - tired of that pain and discomfort.
I don't know . . . :( :( :(
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Anemone » 12 Jan 2012, 20:43

There's just no pattern. One day can be good and the next not good. I know how you feel although I know that's no help :-(
Anemone
Salt Bather