Oh am really fed up!! after 6 months of fissure surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Oh am really fed up!! after 6 months of fissure surgery

Postby saradev » 12 Jan 2012, 08:08

Hi,, i ve been suffering frm fissure fa nearly a year.. last july i had fissure surgery done..now its almost 6 months but i dont have bleeding but ve occasional pain in the range of 1-2 in the scale of ten.. it s mild.. but i dono why it shud be like dis after soo many months of operation.. I met three doctors the one who operated n rest two diff doctors.. dey said i don ve any fissure now.. dey said" its cured .. it'll take time to become normal because its a delicate region .." but i dono wats the problem with the stupid ass.. its still paining n i don eat spicy foods too.. i lost lot of kgs.. n i feel like dying ..feel like doing suicide.. i'm 24 now.. n ma mom wants me to marry.. but i don want this too be like dis.. it'll obviously make ma partner think bad abt me.. i want a healthy life.. i'm crying like hell.. plzzz temme if anyone experienced the same.. Image Image Image Image
saradev
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Oh am really fed up!! after 6 months of fissure surgery

Postby grannymaria » 12 Jan 2012, 09:25

Image Saradev: please don't think that way sweetie.. Life is so precious and God gave it to us..
How are ur eating habits? Are u drinking plenty of water?
As I have read in various posts here - all of us who are suffering this vicious painful fissures - it will be a life changing situation where we must change our eating, drinking, etc., lifestye - because we will have tremendous, wonderful days/weeks Image and then there will be set backs - but I think more good times then bad..
Please hang in there and set aside those thoughts.. You are in my prayers..
It will get better - I'm going though chemotherapy and this fissure :( and trust me- I have my good days and my not so good days - but I just pray and ask God to help me go on.. Jesus gives us the strength we need daily..
Hugs sweetie.. Image Image hang in there.. we are here to listen and our prayers with all..
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby saradev » 12 Jan 2012, 11:19

plenty mean how many water bottles/ liters of water?? plz temme ur food habits.. i'm not eating spicy foods..n no oil items..etc..
saradev
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby grannymaria » 12 Jan 2012, 12:34

Hi sweetie - from what I have read - its about a gallon's worth of water/juice/drink - 8 glasses a day - but don't count coffee nor cola drinks since they dehydrate :*(..
As for eating, keep away from red meat - just eat some chicken/fish/turkey.. no flours like tortillas/cakes/cookies..
eat plenty of veggies and fruits..
and take the fiber supplement metamucil or miralax and a stool softener..
I'm just learning this my self since I just got diagnosed with a fissure in December :*( Image
Thank God for the AF boardies here that have been sharing their stories and tips..
God bless u sweetie and hang in there..
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby letitsnow » 16 Jan 2012, 23:29

I understand how you feel...I had an anal fissure for over a year finally resorted to LIS & a fissurectomy on 12/15/11 thinking that was the answer...WRONG!!! Today I had fresh blood on my bm, I just wanted to cry & cry. :( I have been in just as much pain as before the surgery & I found out last week the fissure isn't healing after all I have gone through. I am so upset & frustrated I could scream Image ! I am doing the laxitives,metimucil,diet,sitz baths etc. Last week the Dr. prescribed me Diltiazem Ointment (before surgery I did Nitro Ointment for 6 mos.) Today I finally got a an Rx for Valium, I called & asked the medical asst. to talk to the Dr. about it last Thurs. on the advice of Dawn. Saradev, I just wanted you to know that you are not alone!
letitsnow
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Sue1962 » 17 Jan 2012, 07:26

Hey snow, It is not uncommon to have some fresh blood and pain and you are still really early in the healing game. Just one month. It takes a long time for the fissure to heal, even after surgery. It can take up to 1 year for everything to become "normal" I don't understand why your fissure is not healing when they cut it out and sewed it up maybe ask your Dr. some more questions. I am sorry you are dealing with this especially after going through the surgery. I understand your frustration, but hang in there, it can only get better Image
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby letitsnow » 17 Jan 2012, 10:59

Sue,
Thanks for your words of encouragment. Image I just read so many others stories that seem like they are feeling so great within a week or two sometimes even days after their surgeries. So it has been really depressing for me not to have the results that I had anticipated also the doctor had anticipated at this point in time. He said if I am not showing signs of healing by the 30th he may send me to another doctor to get another opinion. I can't even sit down like a "normal" person, yet! Did you go through this?
Thanks once again!
Snow
letitsnow
Fibre Addict

Postby Jojo1 » 17 Jan 2012, 13:29

Don't let it get you down. I've been there. I didn't suffer nearly as long as you did, only six months, but it was six months of pure HELL and unless you've been through it, you really cannot comprehend how devastating the affect is on our lives.
As for the discomfort you're having now, I want to encourage you to give it time. That area is very delicate and we can easily forget that until something goes wrong. And once this tear happens, yes the initial healing can be quick, but it will take months for the area to truly recover. I had my LIS about two months ago now and while I often feel I'm 100% better, the reality is I'm maybe 99.5% better, but that last .5% takes a good long time to come. I still soak each day after my morning bowel movement and sometimes once more during the day. I still have some tenderness or soreness after a bowel movement and if I don't eat well that day (indulge in too many carbs, etc.) and have 2-3 movements in that day, it can be quite tender, but I step up the soaking and in a day or two I'm just about right as rain.
I would recommend, for the time being (at least for the first year or so), continue your "pre-LIS" regimen. Soft fiber foods (cooked vegetables), Miralax (works better than the colace-type stuff IMO), lean soft proteins (fish, chicken), plenty of water (2-3 litres daily), soak at least 20 minutes after a bowel movement and if you're having discomfort, one more soak at some point during the day, keep the area clean and dry and . . . be patient. You'll do fine, but it will take time. I hope this helps.
Jojo
Jojo1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 34

Postby Jojo1 » 17 Jan 2012, 13:31

Oh, and the fiber supplement of your choice. I use benefiber. I picked up some metamucil, but haven't used it as others said it really bulks up the stool.
Jojo1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 34

Postby letitsnow » 17 Jan 2012, 16:52

Jojo1,
Thanks for all the info. How long after the surgery did you feel semi normal?
I am on benfiber, also. I have been doing sitz baths so long my rear looks like a prune lol!!! Also, drink water all day long!
I have an autoimmune disease which may hinder my healing like a normal person. We really don't know, new territory!
Thanks,
Snow
letitsnow
Fibre Addict