New to the forum!!!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New to the forum!!!

Postby sterlingbird » 17 Jan 2012, 10:38

I feel your pain Ginniemac. I had no idea what was going on. Went to a doctor who told me it was hemorrhoids and not until surgery and 3 weeks later did I find this site and started asking the RIGHT questions. Do read the old posts. They provided me with invaluable information. Remember what goes in must come out. Anything hard and pointy will leave that way OUCH! Hot bath was and still is my life saver. Dont strain your bowels when having a BM. I found that sliding my feet out in front of me and leaning back against the toilet seat helped when having a BM. The first thing I did was went and bought a comfortable toilet seat. Has been a God send. I was so proud. I put it on myself. I hope only the best for you.
sterlingbird
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: New to the forum!!!

Postby Ginniemac » 17 Jan 2012, 15:12

Thanks for that davo. Private will be a last resort for me due to the expense but I think I'll at least get referred and get a second opinion cos I can claim the consultation fee back through the health scheme I pay into in work.
Thanks sterling bird for the tips , I will certainly try them out. Everyone is so helpful on this site, I'm so glad I've found it x
Ginniemac
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4