How are YOU feeling today?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: How are YOU feeling today?

Postby JHH » 26 Nov 2013, 15:59

Im at 0 today!

Some days I have a little discomfort though. Maybe 1-2 on the scale. Usually it's when my BM is a bit harder, but I guess it's just my tag or scar tissue acting up.
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby rio » 28 Nov 2013, 12:30

And today I am feeling even worse than yesterday. Today I am at 7. And I feel a lot of pressure in my lower rectum, like I would have a BM. And I am so tired. Went to the grocery store (walked 400 m) and came back totally exhausted. I wonder if any of you feel kind of generally ill with fissure-hemms. Since I had lyme disease, I was feeling ill, but now it is worse than ever. Sorry for being so miserable, but I just need to tell. You understand what I am talking about. Thank you for reading this.
:butthurts:
Disabling burning, drilling pain in anal area for almost a year, started after UT infection. Small anal fissure diagnosed, turned out it is probably not the cause of pain, MRI shows no inflammation or fistula. Grateful to forum members for support.
rio
VIP

Topics: 12

Postby Canadahell1 » 28 Nov 2013, 14:33

At least I can get out today.. burning is always there, especially when I walk, need ice pack breaks!!
Canadahell1
Salt Bather

Topics: 15

Postby owmybum » 28 Nov 2013, 15:31

Sorry your feeling so bad rio.... Have a cyber hug from me!!!

OMB

:smilyhug:
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby rio » 28 Nov 2013, 16:03

Thanks, it means so much to me. I am all alone from mon - fri because my friend works 10 hours a day and is too tired to come to visit me. And it is impossible to explain to non sufferers how I feel. In the beginning my friend contributes all my troubles to the mental stress and my mother said I ought to ride a bike to get better. :gah: . When they ask me how I am doing I do not bother to explain any more.
So thanks again.
Disabling burning, drilling pain in anal area for almost a year, started after UT infection. Small anal fissure diagnosed, turned out it is probably not the cause of pain, MRI shows no inflammation or fistula. Grateful to forum members for support.
rio
VIP

Topics: 12

Postby MarathonGirl » 28 Nov 2013, 19:26

I've been at a 7 all week; I wouldn't have even done my grocery shopping yesterday except I was so depressed, I needed chocolate :) I've had the fissure for 6 weeks and this week is by far the worst, even though I am doing so many things to try to heal it (exercise, hot water bottle, eating half as much to slow down the BM, vitamins, Metamucial, ointments blah blah blah). The pain is intense and I'm worried that there is a second fissure, or the first one is infected? Going back to the doctor next week to get her to check it.
MarathonGirl
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby east_1234 » 29 Nov 2013, 04:03

I try to go to work even when I am at my worst (i.e. 7).. (otherwise I would be worrying and obsessing over it at home) but our time is quite flexible and free, so I could just do everything at my own pace. but I am sure my colleagues notice that I am 'limping' and sitting at weird angle :oops:

Zodiak, it must be tough work being a teacher when you are suffering from AF!! Hope you get better soon! xx

I hope the number goes down for everyone!!!!!!! :p
east_1234
Fibre Addict

Postby pinpin » 29 Nov 2013, 06:55

No real improvements for last 3-4 months, almost 10 months of suffering. Look forward my LIS surgery at 11th December in London...
Don't really post or search any more solutions as tried almost everything at this point.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby MarathonGirl » 29 Nov 2013, 09:26

igrik1986, I am so excited for you to get the LIS. I'm sure a lot of us will be waiting and watching this site to see how it went!

east_1234, my colleagues have also started to notice that I'm limping etc. There are a lot of days I just want to go home, but as you say, at home there are no distractions from the pain. I actually try to avoid being around the other teachers at my school as much as possible because when they ask me about it, I feel like crying (and I can't tell them, anyway). Hang in there :)
MarathonGirl
Fibre Addict

Postby AlexP » 29 Nov 2013, 12:50

I'm frustrated. This ordeal is not something I need. I was recently diagnosed as Bipolar, so this whole thing is just too much for me. I'm trying to cope as best I can. Luckily, my pain isn't constant, just when BM, a brief, stinging, sharp pain when passing stool. Otherwise, mostly, I'm fine. No pain except when going to bathroom. Keeping stools as soft as I can, taking sitz baths, stool softeners, etc. I've now been on Nifed/Lidocaine for one week. I've been applying it three times a day, to outer anus. Just as directed. Says for external use only, so that's what I'm doing.

Yet, still having the brief, sharp pain when passing stool. Not sure if maybe it's not a fissure after all, but merely an irritated skin tag, but this has been going on for over a month now. I'm getting fed up with it. The CRS I saw seemed vague when I saw him, and claimed it might or might not be a fissure, and just told me to eat more fiber, etc, but claimed it would be more trouble for me to have skin tags removed than to leave them on.

And since I'm only having the pain when BM, but still, that seems like too much to have to settle for. I'm going to see a different doctor next week, she's just my primary care doc, but I really like her a lot, maybe she can give me some more clarity. I plan on asking to be tested for stds, herpes, etc, just to rule those out too.

Maybe it's as simple as just giving the ointments more time to work..Or maybe I need to try a different combo, like Nitro. I hear it's really good. Or maybe a steroid cream, since I have skin tags. If I could just get the stinging pain with BMs to stop, I'd feel a lot better.
AlexP
Salt Bather

Topics: 25