Is a FISTULA possible to recur?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Is a FISTULA possible to recur?

Postby workingonit » 28 Jan 2012, 09:57

My Doc told me not to drink caffeine because of my AF as it is a vascoconstrictor and would increase pressure to the anal area, but also decrease blood flow. It's been awful hard to not have something though, as I am not a morning person...at all!
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby fistulaproblems » 29 Jan 2012, 10:54

i am new to this forum. had my first fistula surgery in june 2011 later to find out that i still had an infected tract. had my second surgery in dec. 2011 and i still think may have an infected tract. i have poop (in addition to blood and orther discharge) coming out of a small openning in surgery site. not sure what i am going to do next. my intent is not to bring people down with my story as i think my situation is very rare but would also like to hear some thoughts from people who may be in same situation.
fistulaproblems
Fibre Addict

Postby SummerGal » 01 Feb 2012, 21:36

Feisty, I am glad things are going better. I hope it continues!
Fistulaproblems, I am so sorry you are still having such complications. Does the CRS want to do surgery again? I know that must be a worry for you to think about.
SummerGal
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby fistulaproblems » 02 Feb 2012, 10:19

Thanks SummerGal. Yes, my CRS thinks that my next surgery will be a smaller incision and not a pund of flesh that we took out the last time. CRS thinks that I can wait for 3-6 months for the next surgery. I had my 2 surgeries done by 2 different doctors. First one by GS and second one by CRS. My first surgery did not resolve the issue so I lost confidence in him and went to CRS ....and I am in the same situation again. My main concern is that I may have some underlying issue that is causing a persistent fistula. But all the doctors I have consulted so far (2 GS, 2 CRS and my family physician) have assured me that this is not the case and that I am just unlucky. I hope that is really the case. I want to look into other no-surgery options now, so if any one has experience with non-surgical methods of resolving fistula...I am all ears. I am trying to get adjusted a living rest of my life with fistula problems which sucks. I travel a lot for work and I will have to find something else to do where I dont have as much so that I am always close to a bathroom and can regularly cleam myself :(
fistulaproblems
Fibre Addict