2 week post LIS check

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

2 week post LIS check

Postby Sue1962 » 24 Jan 2012, 16:52

Hi All,
Just thought I would share my 2 week post op check. Dr. says everything is looking A ok..Fissure is healing like it should, no sign of infection. Of course my fissure is only in the beginning stages of healing, but so far so good. He just looked, didn't stick anything in, thank God!! I have a final follow up in 4 weeks. I can tell you, I feel, wonderful, and couldn't be happier!!! The Dr. couldn't believe I didn't take any pain pills. I told him advil worked just fine and I didn't want to chance getting constipated. I had minimal pain, for 3 days after surgery. No bleeding with BM's or pain. Every day just got better and better!! I never had to stuff cotton or gauze in my butt. I really never had any drainage. I swear it was b/c of the 4 baths and not wearing any underware for 1 wk after. I am back to work and exhausted, but it did feel good to be back. I have actually gained a couple of pounds, not liking that, but it is great to be pain free and living life normally again. I just can't wait for it to warm up and fire up that Harley....I really missed riding last summer!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Re: 2 week post LIS check

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 24 Jan 2012, 17:14

Wow, that's great, Sue!
For all of us who are still struggling (and hoping to get better, one way or another), it's good to hear your stories - and I very much appreciate that you have stuck around long enough to let us all know how you're doing.
Some of us will go through that surgery, so it's really of great benefit to know what you went through and how you've dealt with your situation and have tried to have a smooth recovery.
Don't worry about that weight. That's the least of your troubles, now that you're on the mend. --- I have a friend who rides a Harley - a cousin who does, too, and he even named one of his dogs, "Harley" - so I guess you're waiting for the weather to let you (comfortably now) sit on your bike and ride off!
I'll be wanting to do the same (on my old Schwinn, lol) - and I hope by then I'll be able to . . .
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Sue1962 » 25 Jan 2012, 06:43

Thanks SB, I am gonna stick around for a while. Just with working and all. It will not be like before. I was home all day after surgery, so it will be after work. I hope you get some answers tomorrow!!! Hope your having a good day!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby Deleted User 579 » 25 Jan 2012, 09:02

Yay, Sue!!! Image Image Image
I'm so happy you are doing so well! :D
Don't worry about the weight gain - it's better to be healthy than thin and sickly. It's so wonderful that you're posting your experiences. That is so helpful to people who are facing such a scary thing as butt surgery. Image
Deleted User 579

Postby Sue1962 » 25 Jan 2012, 21:10

Thanks Hope!!! I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am!!! Looking back at all of it, I wish I did this years ago!! The few days of discomfort were nothing compared to the AF. It feels so good to be pain free!! I hope that if one person is on the fence they read my posts from my post op. and It can help them!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby grannymaria » 26 Jan 2012, 13:16

Image Awesome Ms Sue! Glad for u sweetie! Woohoo! Plz keep posting and giving us hope :) God bless u
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13