New Here

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New Here

Postby animalluver47 » 04 Feb 2012, 22:09

Wow, I can't believe there is a place to discuss this. I had not even heard of a "Fissure" until last Thursday. For the past I don't know how long (over a month) I've been suffering Skin Tags and what I believed were Hemorrhoids due to stomach issues. My Nephrologist did an Anal and discovered a Fissure. I had to look it up to see what it is. He prescribed Lidocaine and Nitroglycerine but I am not sure about using the Nitro because I am a terrible headache sufferer anyway and from what I've read, I really don't want to go there. The Lidocaine sounds good just for the numbing aspect.
I saw one doctor who specialized in Hemorrhoids and it was a horrible experience. He literally insulted me for practically crying when he stuck that tool in my anus to open it up and he told me I am not a candidate for surgery. Apparently, I do have quite a few Skin Tags but the doctors seem to think they should not be bothersome.
I am really tired of being in pain and barely wanting to walk or go anywhere. I am trying to take care of my stomach issues which I know will help with this but...
animalluver47

Topics: 1

Re: New Here

Postby FatMatt_92 » 05 Feb 2012, 00:44

In my experience Nitro Glycerin is horrible stuff. Extremely bad headaches would occur when I applied the ointment. I wish I could tell you to stay away from it, but if you have never tried it, it could possibly work for you. I just know with the two previous attempts to use Nitro Glycerin it was so bad I had to sit in the bath for hours to get the pain to go away. The only negative reviews I read about lydocaine is that it is not strong enough to have any effect on the AF pain after a BM. My only suggestions are to drink a lot of water and consume more fiber in your diet. Hopefully you can get to the root of what is causing your AF so you can start to treat it properly and begin the healing process. Best of luck to you ,and welcome to the forum. Matt
FatMatt_92
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby workingonit » 05 Feb 2012, 11:27

Most people say the headaches abate after a week of using nitro. Some people feel a bit of a burn from lidocain.
Matts bang on about the fibre and water.
It's hard if you have stomach or gut issues, but you want to achieve a nice 'soft serve ice cream' consistency to your BM until you are healed. A lot of people find sitz baths helpful as it relaxes your muscles.
Be very gentle wiping. I like to use a strong t-paper that I wet with a bottle of water I keep by the toilet. Then I kinda pat myself clean.
Hope you find a way to help your stomach and feel better soon.
Take a look at past topics on the forum here. There have been many people over the years and maybe some who have advice specific to you.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby grannymaria » 07 Feb 2012, 14:44

Take care animal luver - please be sure follow the docs orders and please do not strain and do the healthy eating and drinking liquids
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13