Emla and sitting on loo on tippy toes - so far works for me

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Emla and sitting on loo on tippy toes - so far works for me

Postby jinglecy » 06 Feb 2012, 17:35

Hi,
Thank you so much for this site xx
I have been suffering for 4 months, I didnt go to the doctor until 3 weeks ago, I really thought I had haemorrhoids, so kept inserting Anusol suppositories, which sometimes helped. I went to my GP and she said as they were so painful i may have anal fissures and should go for a colonoscopy just to be sure there is nothing underlining and in the meantime eat more fruit and veg and take Fruit and Fibre Supplement each night with a big glass of water, again that helped alot, also baby wipes ahhh they are wonderful!! As I researched more I realised that I needed to relax the anal muscle. When I felt around my anus it felt so hard, so I used emla (a local anaesthic cream), I have been using it for about 5 days and it has really helped, (please note that emla was something that I chose to use, others have mentioned using it on the internet but this was my own choice and not something my doctor told me to apply), if you do decide to use emla please ask your doctor first or make sure you do not use on broken or sore skin. Another good tip was from Street Doctor UK TV, in alot of countries they squat when they go to the toilet this helps to open the anal canal, when sitting on the toilet put thick books under your feet or sit on tippy toes to raise your thighs slightly over your hips.
Hope this helps, I realise that some of you are really bad suffers of fissures, I always felt good about my bowel movements and cant believe that this has happened to me and dont know why, but I hope this helps some people that are in the same position as me.
At the bad times it was like I was trying to poop a tennis ball and now its like pooping angels, the relief is so amazing!!
I will go for a colonoscopy and will keep you posted.......xx
Last edited by jinglecy on 07 Feb 2012, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
jinglecy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Emla and sitting on loo on tippy toes - so far works for me

Postby workingonit » 07 Feb 2012, 11:17

Hey Jinglecy,
Thanks for the tip about emla cream. I don't know if it's available in Canada though.
But I have been trying breathing exercises to help my pelvic floor relax.
I got a book (jr recommended) called "heal pelvic pain' by amy stein. Not because I have pelvic pain, but because it has some stretches and breathing exercises to help those muscles relax.
I was in a public loo with a friend last night. Our eyes were swimming, we had to pee so bad. She just went woosh and was done. I'm sitting there a minute later still with a steady stream, but no woosh. It made me realize just how much tension I have down there.
I've been doing the squat for the last week as well and have found it helps quite a bit. I have a post on it here.
So glad you are feeling better.
Do you know if your fissure is towards the front of your anus (anterior) or towards the back?
Mine is anterior, so I wonder why? I still don't know what caused it, except maybe a weakness in the area from childbirth and/or just all the anxiety and tension I have had over the last couple years...?
Anyways, relief is a wonderful thing. Thanks for the helpful post!!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Re: Emla and sitting on loo on tippy toes - so far works for me

Postby jinglecy » 07 Feb 2012, 15:26

Hi Tanya,
I found out about Emla when I had some fillers done on my face, it is basically a numbing cream that you apply to help with the pain of the injections, I can easily get it at a pharmacy/chemist over here, but maybe you could ask for a similar cream over there, hope this helps......by the way I think my fissure is/was on the right side thats were the pain seemed to be, I occaisionally get a tear outside the anus at the back but i just put some antiseptic cream on that and it heals in a day or two...
jinglecy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5