Is this normal?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Is this normal?

Postby London83 » 14 Mar 2012, 06:06

Tomorrow will be 1 week since I had LIS - the first few days afterwards were rough and for 4 days now I've had one soft BM in the morning (no blood for the last 2 days) however.....
I've now got a mild burning/itching feeling to the fissures and the area feels quite tight, like when I bend down or get up from a chair I'm just very aware of it. Like when you've washed your face and it feels tight until you put moisturiser on. It's not unbearable pain but I've not had it before. I've had a look down there and everything looks clean and tidy (obviously I can still see the tears) so could this be a sign of healing? Like the skin is coming back together? The first thing you worry about is infection but I've been really careful to keep the area clean.
Anyone had anything similar? My big fear is that things start to heal and then a bm rips things open again :-(
London83
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Is this normal?

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 14 Mar 2012, 22:15

Hi, London -
My recovery has been up and down, with burning/itching - but I really think that's part of the healing.
It just takes time to thoroughly heal. Don't rush yourself -- and do keep the bms soft for quite a long while. That's important.
Keep us posted with your recovery.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11