Terrified of passing stool...

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Terrified of passing stool...

Postby jr2 » 16 Apr 2012, 23:12

yeah, the risk with that though is a local reaction or irritation from the flavoring and the artificial sweetener.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby NeonISkies » 16 Apr 2012, 23:20

Good point... yeah i cannot find anything i'm screwed...
NeonISkies
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby jr2 » 16 Apr 2012, 23:33

I know how overwhelming it feels, and I know it probably doesn't help much to hear that others understand the pain and the anxiety you are going through with this debilitating malady, but for what it's worth, you aren't alone in your suffering and there is a source of support from others who totally get it.
jr2

Postby NeonISkies » 17 Apr 2012, 00:10

Trust me finding this site has been the single biggest help... I just ran out to CVS, i found a location a little farther away that carried Lanacane contains 20.0% Benzocaine plus it contains an antiseptic so it should help keep the area clean... So now i just have to figure out how to time the application of this, which the pharmacist told me only last for around a half an hour to the bowel movement i will experience after i take the Magnesium Citrate...
NeonISkies
Fibre Addict

Postby NeonISkies » 17 Apr 2012, 08:25

HAHAHA!!! Scared Shitless I was...
I had poured myself a glass of magnesium citrate today, having taken some stool softeners before bed as recommended by the pharmacist. So i had poured the glass mixed it with some Gatorade, and suddenly felt the urge to go... the same urge i had all morning however i couldn't pass it all morning... This time just before i was to take the magnesium citrate... *Boom* it slid right out, the hard stool that had been plaguing me for the past 5 days...
I'm so happy, as long as it's the beginning of a long trend, I'm so happy! I'm convinced the stool softeners combined with the fear of blowing out my fissure once again with the Mag. Citrate forced it out haha...
The question I face now is whether or not to take the Magnesium Citrate, to be sure everything is cleared out as i do have 5 days worth of food left in me... I think i might take it now, it shouldn't be as bad now that the hardest of the stool has passed through me...
NeonISkies
Fibre Addict

Postby jr2 » 17 Apr 2012, 09:41

oh great! so glad to hear you're starting to get on track. I hope you got some sleep!
jr2

Postby Baba » 17 Apr 2012, 11:22

Glad you found relief! I can identify with that kind of "happiness" :)
For us AF sufferers happiness is having a pain free bum Image
Baba
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeonISkies » 17 Apr 2012, 21:16

I'm not out of the woods yet, however i did have my second bowel movement of the day and those stool softeners and Miralax did their work because i think i cleared half of my intestine.
I did treat myself today eating a small waffel with some syrup this morning, ofcourse followed by my stool softeners and miralax. My fissure has definitely started it's healing process, while it feels decently large to the touch i honestly don't think it is too severe. I got some pain after wiping (Using Alcohol-Free Baby Wipes) but nothing severe, and i have been trying to apply topical antiseptic to help keep the area clean and void of bacteria and to create a protective barrier from stool.
It is going to be a few weeks, but luckily as long as i stay on my diet and my stool remains soft i should heal up nicely. That first 5 days of constipation were probably my scariest and hardest obstacle...
I want to thank everyone of you who helped me get through the beginning and worst stages of this, if i had not found this board i would have literally been up shit's creek without a paddle lol. You were all a huge help, and i will keep updating on my progress, and share what has and hasn't worked for me...
P.S. Yogurt is a serious godsend when it comes to low calorie diets. If your taking in too little calories then you normally do it can be just as damaging to you as taking in to many, this i know. You never want to drop more then say 300-500 calories from your daily average unless your on an obese crash diet, and even then it is closely regulated by physicians, due to the fact a drastic change in caloric intake can actually kill you. Yogurt is what helped me keep that up, not to mention it was a great snack with natural fruit and fruit flavoring, and probiotics to help ease healthy digestion. Getting some protein, Yogurt, Tuna Fish and Chicken all helping with that.
So i recommend yogurt to anyone experiencing constipation or just need help regulating bowels, 2 cups a day can make a difference.
Thanks again, will keep posting....
NeonISkies
Fibre Addict

Postby jr2 » 17 Apr 2012, 21:33

Great to hear your update! Yes, keep those stools soft and regular!
jr2

Postby NeonISkies » 17 Apr 2012, 21:35

Yes trust me i shall, and all without having to subject myself to magnesium citrate aka "intestinal draino". Thanks for your support jr2...
NeonISkies
Fibre Addict