Terrified of passing stool...

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Terrified of passing stool...

Postby 3 years now » 22 May 2012, 08:50

Do the enema - you buy a "fleet" enema at any drug store. It is the fastest and safest way to get relief. Just try and old the solution up there as long as you can before emptying - it will work
3 years now
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: Terrified of passing stool...

Postby sailorgal » 24 May 2012, 08:07

I support jr's suggestion. Anything taken orally to soften stool is not going to have an effect on the stool that's already sitting in your colon waiting to come out. As previously mentioned, any stool softening agents taken by mouth work by drawing water into the stool as it is passing thru your intestines. But once the stool gets to your colon and if it doesn't eventually evacuate in a timely manner, it gets progressively dehydrated ie, harder. This is where the suggestion of an enema (warm water) might be helpful for you in softening the stool back up from the bottom end for easier passage. Sounds like the main problem regarding the number of days between BM's is motility. Ie the speed at which things are moving thu your system which can be governed/influenced by diet, meds, emotional/mental stress. Are you utilizing emotional support of your family/friends? Have you tried guided meditations/imagery? I used to use a mantra with my breathing exercise when I had difficulty passing stuck stool - I've even resorted to going (via squat position) in a tub of warm water when I became impacted which helped incredibly at getting stuck stool out (although messy to clean up). I wish you luck as you continue to tweak your regime to find what works best for you!
sailorgal
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8