6 week check up after botox!!!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

6 week check up after botox!!!!

Postby bobbles » 18 Apr 2012, 14:39

Hi all
Had my 6 week check after botox today (7 weeks since the op!!) and finally found out why I had a pack dressing (I was told it was just botox and an examination so was very surprised to wake up with an internal dressing!!). The doctor told me that the surgeon had to cut away the edges of the fissure, even though the surgeon had told me, before the procedure, that he didnt do this, he did!! Just as Davo has said might have happened!! The fissure was quite deep and the edges had to be cut away as they were quite thick!!
Anyway, the fissure has healed, and Im now pain free, which is wonderful beyond words!! I just have to make sure I never get constipated ever again and will stick to a high fibre diet for the rest of my life!!

Thanks to everyone here, you have all been great and very supportive. I would recommend botox to anyone, but good luck to those still waiting for a cure and to those who have been lucky enough to find one.
bobbles
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: 6 week check up after botox!!!!

Postby workingonit » 18 Apr 2012, 17:23

I'm so happy for you bobbles!
that's great news!
Crazy doctors eh?! Well alls well that ends well. :D
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Re: 6 week check up after botox!!!!

Postby llangel » 02 May 2012, 04:16

So happy to read your post :D I am having botox on friday and was really worried , so glad yours went well :D
llangel