One week pain free

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

One week pain free

Postby BillUltra » 02 May 2012, 22:05

I just wouldn't have believed it possible, but tomorrow will be one week without pain. I have to say absolutely the key for me was managing your diet to soften the texture of your bm's. (see my previous post).
I've got a Disneyworld vacation with the kids coming up June 8. One week ago I would have sworn there would be no way I could make the trip, but now it feels very possible. I'm just starting to worry already about how I will find the foods I will need at the times I will need them, and the possibility of something going wrong in public bathrooms. And the water, the water, so much water I have to keep drinking and drinking I'm a slave to the bathroom trips every 15 minutes to pee. Just can't get the bladder to stretch out to give me a little more time between trips. I think it is realistic by then that I will be able to cut my sitz baths to only twice a day, which will be manageable.
Putting together my kit of wipes and prunes and creams and Jesus life used to be so much simpler. I really don't mean to be whining, because I am so so grateful to be without pain and appreciating life. And actually able to DO something.
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Re: One week pain free

Postby jr2 » 02 May 2012, 22:27

Great news, BillUltra!
It's always so awesome to hear success stories.
It is amazing how complex a fissure can make things and the lengths we will go to and the hoops we will jump through for some blessed relief.
Hooray for healing... Image
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby workingonit » 03 May 2012, 08:55

Hey Bill,
I used to drink enough water to have to pee every 15 min too. But I slowly started decreasing and found it was fine. I just need to make sure I drink every so often. So there is no length of time when I forget.
I get better sleep now that I don't have to get up and pee 4 or 5 times a night! lol.
Why don't you check online for a chinese or sushi place that does brown rice near Disney World?
You can buy extra for the hotel room.
So glad you are feeling great!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby BillUltra » 03 May 2012, 09:26

So nice to hear these responses. Actually brought tears to my eyes. I used to never cry, and after the pain from the wound it was like a dam broke loose. Now I STILL cry all the time because I'm so relieved and happy to be alive and not hurting and not wanting to die.
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jr2 » 03 May 2012, 09:52

BillUltra...
I agree with Tanya about the water. We tend to go overboard with the water (for good reason obviously), but if you are having to pee that often you probably do want to cut back, not just for convenience and comfort, but with that much diluted urine you're also flushing out important minerals too that can cause electrolyte disturbances and actually be counterproductive.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby trickyvicky » 05 May 2012, 07:25

Hi Bill,
Have you not thought about having the surgery? I was so scared about it and its the best thing I couldve done. I only had it yesterday and even sat waiting in the hospital I was in so much pain and hoping I wouldnt need the loo. but once Id come round after the surgery I felt great, no pain at all.
trickyvicky
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby BillUltra » 05 May 2012, 20:45

I already had a LIS 3 years ago which was a complete success. Upon the recommendation of my GP (and proctologist) I had a colonoscopy 7 weeks ago where a polyp was removed at the juncture of my colon and my rectum, which never would heal and eventually fissured all the way down to my anus. My butt dr. was going to recommend a second surgery, basically cutting the sphincter muscle further up into my rectum, if i hadn't healed up by May 15. This was particularly terrifying as a high percentage of second surgeries seem to be unsuccessful, extremely painful, and leading to anal incontinence.
But as I mentioned, I'm painfree and healing (now 10 days), so no, I will not be considering surgery. Nor will I EVER be having another colonoscopy.
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist