Good news (yes, there is light at that tunnel's end)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Postby pat123 » 10 May 2012, 10:24

I've had my AF for about 6 months, external tear, not too bad, blood and some pain, saw three GPs and a CRS.
For months I was on and off... have a big BM, blood, pain, carefully healing, repeat cycle... but things seem to have settled down now.
For the past month or so, I've been blood and pain free. Using Miralax (thank the gods for this stuff Image ) and a careful diet and coconut oil applied externally twice a day.
Sipping some miralax in a water bottle right now after eating lunch. Funny thing is, the longer I take Miralax, the less i'm taking and getting the same result.
Key is (you've heard this before) controlling those BMs, making them toothpasty every day, just oozing on out without a push. That means diet control and miralax twice daily. Also I chew everything to death, chewing about three times longer than I used to. Water, about five to six big glasses a day, mostly in the morning so i'm not up all night peeing.
Anyway, thought everyone could use some happy news. There is life after AFs...
Hope EVERYONE can report such news back... remember to post here when you heal up... good news helps everyone!!
Hope everyone feels better!
Pat
pat123
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Good news (yes, there is light at that tunnel's end)

Postby jr2 » 10 May 2012, 10:29

Pat!!!
I am so glad to hear you are feeling so much better! Thank you so much for sharing your success. It's so true that it really helps give people hope for their own healing!
Image Image Image Image Image
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby workingonit » 10 May 2012, 19:29

Thanks Pat!
Congrats on no pain!! ... always a good thing ; )
Interesting tid bit about lowering miralax after your body gets used to it.
Also interesting about the water drinking being more in the morning. I've just gradually lowered in general.
Cheers!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby BillUltra » 11 May 2012, 09:47

Good for you! As you may have seen in my other posts, I am doing much better as well. My 4 week checkup is next Tuesday, so I should know much more then.
And I AGREE COMPLETELY: Stool management is the BEST (maybe the only) way to get your health back. Although I've been doing mine without the Miralax because it caused extreme burning on my open wound, I've acheived the desired texture through diet, tons of water, and Colase and prune juice every night.
I don't know about you, but I'm about ready to get my life back! Got a Disneyworld trip planned with my youngest kids next month, and a major hike planned in early July with my oldest kids. The way things are looking now, I should be able to do both.
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby 44alegna44 » 11 May 2012, 19:51

Hi Pat,
Great to hear Image Yes, we can always use some good news..hope and encouragement that these things do get better is the best news of all Image
Best wishes for continued progress and healing Image
Angel
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9