feel down- will this ever pass?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: feel down- will this ever pass?

Postby restoremybody » 13 Jun 2012, 10:23

Thanks. My fissure is up and inside- this last CRS did do an anoscope and saw it within seconds. The first CRS had just assumed that's what it was. I guess I will call him tomorrow again and ask for an appointment. Still aches some just sitting here :(. I feel like the anoscope set me back in healing last time- I guess that's why I'm afraid to have it done again. I canceled my first LIS with first CRS beacuse I didn't really trust him- mayeb I should have just had it done. Ugh! I am so confused- On good days with little pain I think I am healing, on worse days I know something is not healed down there.
restoremybody
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Postby Suckdiddlyucksflanders » 13 Jun 2012, 18:17

Oh man, I totally hear you! Had fissurectomy, then month and a half later, now two weeks out from that and I feel stalled..some days better than others. My doc is frustrated too and called in a second opinion to make sure he wasn't missing anything. Other Crs, who is aware of my issues, they are in same office recommended a few changes. He said stop with diltazem cause it can cause irritation after prolonged use, stop taking laxatives and take my benefiber in one dose at night in the hopes I have fewer BM.
That was just Monday so see them in two weeks, if no improvement he said well want to start talking LIS. I'm not sure if I ever really got or get spasms so am concerned that wouldn't help. Honestly, my deep down fear is not the surgery but what if I got it and still didn't heal. What if I'm like this the rest of my life...that's my true fear.
Suckdiddlyucksflanders
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Suckdiddlyucksflanders » 13 Jun 2012, 18:18

Oops, meant to say I had Botox after fissurectomy!
Suckdiddlyucksflanders
Salt Bather

Postby Badd825 » 13 Jun 2012, 18:43

Wow you hit it on the head. All this time I thought I was afraid of surgery and post op pain. The third CRS thought my pain is from hemorrhoids and said that is one of the most painful surgeries. I was freaking out over LIS and now this! But reading your post made me realize I'm afraid it won't work to heal me and then what? Especially that the first CRS said LIS, contradicting diagnosis and treatment recommendations. My fear is fear of not resolving my problem not just post op pain! Thanks to you I've had an ah ha moment. I keep thinking I'm going to wake up fine. I'm delusional too! I'm so happy to find this forum and have all of you in my prayers. Image
Badd825
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby Suckdiddlyucksflanders » 14 Jun 2012, 06:14

Hi Badd-
Glad I could help you have an ah ha moment. Truly, while I do still fear the pain yes, like you said what if it doesn't work. Feels like LIS is the last resort and I don't know what that would do to me mentally if it didn't work. I guess though I can either live with pain knowing it will go on or i can have surgery and know it will go on or get better. Gosh, when I say it that way it doesn't even seem like a choice. Well, we'll see what happens in two weeks and if they recommend surgery then I'll probably do it.
My doc said the same thing about recovery from hemmy surgery...stupid question but have either of them done an exam under anesthesia? I would think that would confirm for sure either a fissure or hemmy and like chart a course. You could even have them do the surgery once the do the exam (again if you trust this person) and just be done with it.
Suckdiddlyucksflanders
Salt Bather

Postby Badd825 » 14 Jun 2012, 06:25

The CRS I saw yesterday said he would examine me further when I was under anesthesia for the hemorrhoid surgery. I've been told I needed hemorrhoid surgery 4 times in the last 17 years. I've always manage to recover and forget about it till the next episode. NEVER had pain this long. The CRS explained that repeated flare ups can lead to permanent damage of the veins to the point of no return. Essentially like varicose veins that won't heal. I think spasms are what's really killing me though. I don't feel spasms per se just a deep achey burning which I thought was fissure pain. I'm afraid to proceed forward because I had my head wrapped around LIS and now the latest CRS doesn't even think that's my problem as he didn't see a fissure. Confusing!!!!!!!
Badd825
Salt Bather

Postby Suckdiddlyucksflanders » 14 Jun 2012, 08:11

Well that would be a good start. I've had that done the same time he did my fissurectomy. Hmm...I think it does kind of say something that you've been told on 4 separate occasions that you need the hemmy surgery. Wow, I didn't realize you could get permanent vein damage!! That is scary.
I'm confused too. Both of these doctors say don't use miralax but I had 3 heavenly weeks before my surgery of no pain and I was taking miralax then. It's hard for me to think about contradicting what the experts say but I have this kind of gut feeling that maybe it could work again. I'm probably going to try it because I don't feel like i have anything to loose and everything to gain.
I'm so happy you've decided to move forward with the surgery. Chances are after this long it's not going to heal without some intervention so we can either let fear stop us and have to work our way through it. Like I said, if I haven't made any progress in another 2 weeks I'm just going to schedule the LIS surgery.
I so feel for you, it's SO hard and it is confusing, your situation made worse with the conflicting information. You could possibly talk to a third CRS and see what the 'majority' had to say if that would mentally ease your mind about surgery. When are you scheduled for it?
Suckdiddlyucksflanders
Salt Bather

Postby Badd825 » 14 Jun 2012, 08:41

He wanted try Valium for spasms first. I have a phone consult with him on the 25th to see if pain subsides. He also wanted me to come to his office and have a BM because I told him that I was very swollen after a BM and he didn't see evidence of that because the swelling goes down after a few hours. From there I'm guessing hemorrhoid surgery. What's so frustrating is that the first CRS that did the Botox said he saw insignificant hemorrhoids but was ready to do LIS because he felt I was very tight. Why would he do LIS if he didn't see a fissure? The dr I saw yesterday said he would never do an LIS without evidence of fissure. But maybe it's in there hiding. I saw someone in between who said she saw a fissure and told me to give Botox 3 months and rushed me out of her office. I don't know if I can see a 4th CRS. I can't handle anymore differing info!!!!!! I'm sorry you're suffering too. If miralax helps go for it. One thing I've learned is to follow my gut. This forum has more information and knowledge than most CRS out there. We need to do what feels good. Chronic pain is not just physically debilating but mentally as well and in my case mentally has been worse. I feel better with ice and the second CRS said not to use it. The CRS yesterday said it was fine and I feel better when I use an ice pack. I listened to her and was in worse agony for 3 weeks. I should have followed my instincts! Good Luck to you. Please let me know how LIS goes. I was all prepared to do that surgery and now its not my most current recommendation. I think if they are sure that's what you need then do it. You have everything to gain. Not doing it will solve nothing!
Badd825
Salt Bather

Postby restoremybody » 22 Jun 2012, 08:19

today :(
restoremybody
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Postby 44alegna44 » 22 Jun 2012, 08:45

Rmb,