New user!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New user!

Postby julesy » 07 Jun 2012, 05:11

Hi everyone, just signed up to this forum
I (unfortunately!) am back in the 'gang' I had an acute fissure 17 years ago that required surgery. Have had a few minor probs since then but they have cleared themeselves without meds.
3 weeks ago I had immense pain during a BM as I had an upset stomach after a heavy night out. I have been in agony since the. Dr has prescribed rectalgesic that I have been using for 5 days but there is no let up in the pain. I get severe pain before a BM, and once I have been I have the pain for the whole day, it even wakes me up. Even when I have wind it is very painful. I am not & never havebeen constipated or bled. Can anyone offer me any advice, I am in agony & of course starting to wonder if I am going to have trhe dreaded surgery again. I am not sure whether I should carry on with the ointment or try something non medicated, ie homeopathic . All help welcome please.
julesy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: New user!

Postby 44alegna44 » 08 Jun 2012, 19:56

Hi Julesy and welcome to the forum Image
I'm sorry that you're dealing with this once again :(. I too have had surgery once only to have another fissure appear...just not as long of a span in between as yours Image.
Can you inform your crs that the rectolgesic is offering you no relief..maybe your doc can prescribe a different cream to try. Are you doing hot sitz baths? Immediately after a bm and several times a day may offer you relief. Are you taking any pain meds? You can also ask your doc for maybe valium to help relax the muscle and also a
prescription for a pain killer (possibly percocet) to help you through.
I've never done anything but the fiber diet, dilitziem, sitz and plenty of water to try and heal...but if you check out the tips page there's plenty of advice on remedies others have tried and found relief from. I know i've
read of coconut oil and aloe that many people have used and found
beneficial. Please navigate through the threads...you'll find quite a few
options there and maybe one that will be helpful to you. Image
I wish you well on your path to hopeful healing without another surgery Image
Please let us know how things go.
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9