Pain - How do you deal with it?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Pain - How do you deal with it?

Postby J.S. » 13 Jul 2012, 19:59

Niphredine helps some. So does the pain killer Tramadol. I too have had times when the pain has brought me to my knees. I am wondering what to do next as I teach and stand all day as it is even then the pain gets overwhelming.
J.S.
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Botox

Postby mikelee » 21 Jul 2012, 03:22

Ever the Optimist wrote:I think you need to go back to your CRS for another chat. I'm surprised they have not prescribed Rectogesic/ Anoheal (Dilitizem) - I think Niphredine or something equivilant in US? to help relax your sphincter, which will give it a chance to heal...Botox is another option at this stage too.
Were any of these methods discussed with you??? These also offer a lot of people pain-relief whilst the fissure is acute and still healing.
You could try fresh aloe vera (I found that really soothing) as with the hot baths (2 - 3 day/ after BM's) but these are more relief and the pain is still there sadly.
I do think when the pain is extreme, you need something stronger to help and after going for an emergency EUA because of the pain, they then gave me Dilitizam, which helped no end with the pain and helped a lot in my healing.
Good luck with it all. Hope you find your pain relief as soon as possible x
P.S I also wish they would legalise medicinal cannabis here in the UK too!!

I actually did Botox before the fissure surgery, it was good for 2 weeks, after 2 weeks it all came back :(
mikelee
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1