How do you deal with anal fissure at work?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How do you deal with anal fissure at work?

Postby Fissure boy24 » 17 Mar 2018, 21:56

I have trouble going to school and work because of this and I feel like dropping everything because the pain is so great, it's made me feel very sad and I cry at night because I'm worried when the next pain will come.

I walk around alot and stand at my work, and I don't know how you guys do it.

I hope I can be as strong as you all because I know alot of people here go to work and suffer with this problem yet keep going even with thepain
Fissure boy24
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: How do you deal with anal fissure at work?

Postby Hopefull123 » 17 Mar 2018, 22:05

Honestly, if I didn't have the privilege to work from home, I would have done the LIS much sooner. I regret not doing it after the third or forth month and put an end to the pain. Don't be afraid of the surgery. To me that shouldn't even be called a surgery, but just a procedure. Getting a tooth crown is much more complicated to me LOL. The risks are so minimal that it's not worth the fear and the prolonged pain. Go to a good CRS and let them check how deep and long is your cut and if it has a chance to heal on its own at all.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Fissure boy24 » 17 Mar 2018, 23:05

Sadly I can't do that because I have no insurance currently, I am just wondering what I can take to ease the pain. I would love to get surgery, sadly I have low income and have to work or lose my home.
Fissure boy24
Fibre Addict

Postby Hopefull123 » 17 Mar 2018, 23:16

You can take pain killers, but I ve heard from others that they don't help much unless they are super strong, but those will ruin your health long term. Try going to a doctor and at least get a prescription for nitroglycerin or diltiazem, which will relax your sphincter and there will be a chance for healing. Start taking psyllium husk to make your stool soft and not aggravate the fissure.
Maybe you can try financing the surgery. I am in California and without insurance the surgery costs about 4000. Otherwise you may not be able to work and loose your home and your job. Be wise.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Hopefull123 » 17 Mar 2018, 23:25

How long have you had the fissure by the way, if less than 6 weeks you have big chance to heal with diet and fiber. If longer, you need ointments I mentioned above. What do you do to heal?
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Fissure boy24 » 18 Mar 2018, 09:50

I've had my fissure for about a year or more, I've tried fiber, sitz baths, heating pads, and coconut oil which surprisingly worked well before but not anymore since I recently got another tear.
I just want to hear what you guys do for your pain because it is very stressfull. :sadd:

Hopefull123 wrote: Try going to a doctor and at least get a prescription for nitroglycerin or diltiazem, which will relax your sphincter and there will be a chance for healing. Start taking psyllium husk to make your stool soft and not aggravate the fissure.

Thanks for the advice, I would like to take nitro or diltiazem, sadly I need a perscription for that and to go to a doctor I need insurance or pay a lot of money that I unfortunately don't have.
Fissure boy24
Fibre Addict

Postby Hopefull123 » 18 Mar 2018, 09:58

Sorry to hear that
Are you in the US? You should have Obama care. Check also for free clinics.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist