day 3 after LIS bleeding question

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

day 3 after LIS bleeding question

Postby greg888 » 08 Jul 2012, 12:02

Hey everyone, I had my LIS done on Thursday and everything had been going pretty well until today. Very little pain at all and only a small amount of leakage back there. However, I was considering going back into work tomorrow and tried sitting upright for a couple hours this morning (previously I would only sit for maybe 10 mins at a time) to see how it felt and there was very little pain still but when I checked the gauze that I have back there later on, it was soaked pretty good in blood. More than the light pink streak that had always been there previously. From what I could see it wasn't running down my leg or anything and I took a sitz bath and there was nothing in the tub afterwards and I've been laying down for a couple hours now and just checked the new piece of gauze and there was only the light pink streak again. Would this be a reason to call the dr over? Or should I just keep it easy still for a little bit and give things more time to heal before I try sitting on it for long periods of time? Thanks
greg888

Topics: 1

Re: day 3 after LIS bleeding question

Postby sadies-day » 08 Jul 2012, 16:15

I had the same thing happen to me but it was after a week and it happened on my first day back to work of all places (it was this past Friday). I did end up calling the doc and they got me in later that afternoon. The doc checked and said everything looking fine, the wound was still healing, it's not uncommon to have pain and bleeding, and that it would take 6-8 weeks to heal. He also said to lay off the Motrin which I had been taking for pain since that would thin the blood. He suggested rolling up a piece of gauze to the size of a cotton ball and stuffing it up in there and changing it several times a day. Best of luck w/ the recovery! I'm only a week ahead of you.
sadies-day
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: day 3 after LIS bleeding question

Postby greg888 » 08 Jul 2012, 17:18

Hey sadies thanks for the reply :) Ya I'm sure everything is fine as its not gushing out of me or anything but was just more than I've been used to the past couple days. I may give the office a call tomorrow just to make sure everything is fine down there. And good luck with your recovery too!
greg888

Topics: 1