I got to the point i am close to giving up...i need help.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I got to the point i am close to giving up...i need help.

Postby mikelee » 21 Jul 2012, 03:15

Hi guys
Its been 3.5 months since i did my annal fissure surgery ( Sphincterotomy surgery).
of course 2 months before the surgery i got to the point that i didn't leave the house for a month and a half and was in horrible pain from first BM in the morning (around 8am or 9am) until 7 or 8pm , which started to feel better, and same for th next and next day.
i decided to do the surgery because i couldn't live like that anymore, and in my head i kept saying it all will be over soon, its only a BAD DREAM, a long one.
After the surgery no need to say that the amount of pain that i was in was not normal to humans, i was taking perckuset every 2 hours, about 12 a day. if not i would feel like my butt is having a knife fight with himself, i used to wake up in the middle of the night screaming with pain and had to take pills even while i was sleeping! Now, i am not talking about the BM which was like having a baby from my ass, no kidding! there was days i was praying for god while doing a BW to help me with this unbelievable pain, i got to the point a week after the surgery that i had to go to the surgeon so she can give me shoots to my ass to num it so i can go to the bathroom! very very bad time, and very painful recovery..
Anyways.. after 2 weeks i found out i had an infection, and do to the infection i developed fistula! congratulation to me!!
my Ass doctor (that's how he is named on my phone contact list) told me the only way to treat it is with some tacks pads, so after using a tucs pads for 2 weeks and doing hot baths 3 times a day, he said it was healed, So i asked him, dear ass doctor, if its healed how come i still have pain in my butt and i need to sit on ice few times a day?
so he told me u have a little fussier, i wanted to die!
This time its not painful like before the surgery, but my ASS getting HOT after a BW, and just randomly during the day, so of course i am putting ice like 7 times a day, for 15 minutes each time.
every time i go to the Ass Doctor he tells me " oh it looks better" so i wonder " why the hell its not feeling better!!"
i become a slave to my owen ass, i am telling you i miss my life before this god damn fissure, i become depressed because i can't hang out with my wife and my 8 months baby, and its controlling everything i do. i had to cancel few flight because i am not up to it, and i can't really take a normal trip or vacation..
in the last few days, after the Ass doctor told me it looks better, i actually think its becoming worse, i can't walk more then 2 minutes, it feels like i have to spread my ass cheeks while i am walking to feel better, its like a scratching feeling and it make it unbearable to walk.
i went to a nutrition so my diet is full with fiber and its really good so is my BM ..
not sure what to do anymore, but i feel sad and depressed most of the day, and i know its not good for my family and i know that even my little baby girl can feel it :(
i don't know what to do, and i don't see any light at the end of this tunnel...
anyone good any word of advise how to go through something like that? because i am broken physically and mentally...
thank you for taking the time to read
M.L
mikelee
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: I got to the point i am close to giving up...i need help.

Postby Sue27uk » 21 Jul 2012, 03:27

Is it possible to go to a different CRS? I am now seeing my second CRS as I wasn't really happy with the one I was with before. The first one told me I was healed and I was still having really bad pain, went to another CRS and he spotted I had a track which meant a fistula so had the op for that 2 weeks ago. I am sorry I don't have any practical advice!! I would say get to another CRS, don't let this take over. I also suffered from depression last year after all this. I went to counselling to help me to cope so you could try that. Please don't give up, you will get better, you just haven't found the right person to sort it yet Image
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby dan2012 » 21 Jul 2012, 06:17

Hello Mike
This is a place where everybody understands what it is to have "Ass problems" :). Not easy, it really takes over your life in a way that other people can't really understand.
I second Sue's recommendation. 50% of what I felt in the first couple of months of an AF was because of my lack of trust in my CRS. I would get nervous even thinking about going back there and feeling that he would give me some generic advice and not care how about what I was REALLY feeling.
A new CRS changed all of this, and let me tell you, although this is a physical condition and very, very real, your frame of mind makes a huge difference in the way you feel day to day. The greatest benefit of the new CRS was developing some real trust that there was a light at the end of the tunnel.
dan2012
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby mikelee » 21 Jul 2012, 10:53

Thank you guys, I think I will go see another CRS, I hope this will help
mikelee
Fibre Addict

Postby mikelee » 21 Jul 2012, 11:38

Few thing on my new diet, after I went to one of the best nutritions in California I notice dramatically change in my stool and I highly recommend this diet
Oat meal whole grain
Wheat bread
Fruits, at list 2 a day , whichever u want, also try before u sleep to have 2 kind of fruits.
8-10 glasses of water a day A MUST.
Yogurt, try to get GREEK YOGURT
Green vegetables, for every almost every meal
Black beans, very high in fiber, but any beans are good also.
Metamucil can get you constipated if you don't drink water in the amount you should, so pay attention to that. I am taking subscribed miralax which for works much better then Metamucil.
Cereal, wheat one, the one that looks like shredded wheat.
Pay attention, all wheat bars like fiber one and some of the cereal out there are not good because the fiber they have is processed in the wrong way, so it's only going to make you feel bloated.
Hummus is also good if you like it.
Hope this helps a little in the diet situation, if someone got any questions I will be happy to answer.

mikelee
Fibre Addict

Postby TORTURE » 21 Jul 2012, 14:33

ah man i thought i was bad thats a horrible story brother this is definitly the worst pain ever and it sucks to deal with i hope everything works out for you i got rid of my monster and it just came back full force i lost 40lbs in 5 months cause i was scared to eat and when got better still continued to eat good and this (naughty naughty) still came back...anyway hope we all get better
TORTURE
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Postby restoremybody » 23 Jul 2012, 08:01

I too understnad the anxiety and depression are almost as bad as the pain. I pray for us all.
restoremybody
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Postby coffeelady » 25 Jul 2012, 08:16

Hi Mike,
I'm new to posting on the site, I have always just read through the info. I can understand where your coming from and the pain not going away but getting worse. Noone wants to go through this but I do have a suggestion. I have seen this website on here before while I was browsing and it has some great information and you can speak to the Dr. online. Not sure that helps but maybe he can point in a direction toward healing or even help you if your in the area. He is in the NY Area not sure where you are though.
colonandrectalsurgeons.com
Theres the link I wish you the best of luck with finding some relief.
coffeelady

Postby mikelee » 25 Jul 2012, 15:28

UPDATE:
Yesterday i went to see a new CRS for a second opinion
After she examine me she told me I AM CLEAN and that my fissure is 100% Healed! i told her if its healed how come i feel this burning feeling few times a day and i have to sit on ice, and i can't walk more then 5 minutes without feeling that scratch feeling in my butt??
She was asking me about my BM and i told her they are really good, i went to see nutritionist and she put me on a great fiber diet and i am taking every day little miralax, so she said the only thing she can think of is that my stool are TOO soft ( aAHHHHHHH!!!) and after i am having a BM i have little left and that's why i feel like that, So i toiled her, Too hard no good, To soft no good, its insane !! do i suppose to be a magician and tell my poop how to come out every day?
On top of that she prescribe me some anti depression pills (amitriptyline hcl 25mg) that suppose to help the daily pain apparently..
Will update you soon...
mikelee
Fibre Addict

Postby restoremybody » 25 Jul 2012, 18:00

crazy idea- even though it works for me- some people say miralax itself causes burning feeling in anus? Can you try and swap it out with something else insted? Does a suppository of some kind help? I bought some pure vitamin e suppositories and have used them in the past.
restoremybody
Salt Bather

Topics: 20