Massive blood, then no blood?! Confused...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Massive blood, then no blood?! Confused...

Postby ajl1239 » 11 Aug 2012, 04:50

I have had this problem on and off for almost two years now...
On 31 July, I went to the GP and she gave me this ointment, an antibiotic because she said it was infected and then some fibre packets, which I have used on and off.
Anyway, this morning, even after eating all veg yesterday, I had a LOT of blood on the paper.
But then, an hour or so later during a second BM, I had no blood.
(Also, I would add that while I see a lot of people on this board are in massive pain (I'm sorry!), I've not really had much pain -- except for itching -- and the biggest annoyance is the sharp feeling, somewhat, during a BM, and a bit of sharp pain just now and then if sitting awkwardly. But nothing huge...what does this make me? I'm sorry for all the questions!)
What gives? Any ideas?
I thought I was healing, but now I'm so confused.
ajl1239
Salt Bather

Topics: 31

Re: Massive blood, then no blood?! Confused...

Postby dan2012 » 11 Aug 2012, 09:14

Hello AJ, welcome to the forum! It's very difficult to be 100% sure based on your description - so the very first thing that you need to do is to immediately schedule a visit to a colorectal surgeon (CRS). "Surgeon" doesn't really imply he will want to take you to surgery, CRSs know lots of ways to heal things without surgery.
Bleeding with little pain can be associated with fissures and internal hemorrhoids. Generally fissures involve a lot of pain, but some (like mine) hurt from time to time but not like most other people. I do have both internal hemorrhoids and a fissure, so a combination is also possible (and, I hear, also somewhat likely). My blood is also off and on, sometimes small BMs bleed, sometimes big BMs don't bleed, these things a really weird!
One more thing: what did you eat on the day before? Most people eliminate what they ate 1-2 days prior, so this is more relevant than what you ate when you had your bad BM.
dan2012
Salt Bather

Topics: 14