New here!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New here!

Postby AlainaJoy » 23 Aug 2012, 04:19

Hello All!
I am fellow sufferer along with all of you. I have had a painful anal fissure for about a year now. I travel all the time so I had to find ways to deal with it. When I first knew I had it I was not wanting to travel because it takes me hours for the pain to go away after a BM. We all know that when there is pain it's pretty much all you think about. Sometimes I think I might just pass out from hurting! So this is what I usually do...
*Relax as much as I can BEFORE I use the restroom. I found that is helps me to not be so scared of the pain.
*Drink at least 2L of water. I buy one 2l or two 1l bottle waters. That way I know exactly how much.
*Eat veggies in the raw. (I'm a dietetic student so I know how important it is to eat healthy. It really does help!)
*I usually bring soft wipes with me. For me it helps with the pain a little.
*Try to use the restroom in the morning before the shower. I don't like to have BM in the afternoon because I like to be active...It's hard when you are hurting!
*Exercise helps me a ton.
I have been to a few Doctors in the US and in Europe. I have had many different creams. They do take some pain away but it never ever heals. A doctor that I am seeing now in Germany told me that I need to train my muscles to relax again while using the restroom. I'm not positive but I think it might be helping some.
I am happy to see there is a support group! If anyone has more tips that would be great.
I never appreciated having a "normal" bathroom experience until I had a fissure! Image
Greetings from Germany!
~Alaina
AlainaJoy

Topics: 1

Re: New here!

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 23 Aug 2012, 19:49

In my opinion, have LIS surgery - I did and it was one of the best decisions I ever made! I can't believe I waited so long.
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Savaici » 24 Aug 2012, 11:04

Welcome to the forum! You will find that there is a lot of information here, so take the time to read the valuable posts of those who found their way to a healed life, free of fissures. Lots of advice to be found on a who,e range of subjects, using the search facility.
You could not have landed in a better place!
Last edited by Anonymous on 24 Aug 2012, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Peggy Joan » 24 Aug 2012, 17:05

AlainaJoy,
I am new here as well. I will follow your advice to relax before a BM. These past few days I have been filled with dread at this time and automatically tighten my entire body--of course the pain becomes excruciating.
I plan to start on LOTS of water as well.
Thank you!
Peggy Joan
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1