What did you eat today?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: What did you eat today?

Postby richibeno » 24 Sep 2012, 11:38

i mini max whole wheets (boring)tea
chicken wholemeal sandwitch, fresh oj,
anddddddd fish fingers ,yogurt
Ever the Optimist wrote:Hi Sparkle,
Here was my day!
Breakfast: Bowl of Bran flakes with vanilla bio-yogurt and large sprinkling of mixed Summer berries on top/ 2 mugs chamomile tea & pint of water. Multi Vit/ Vit C & Zinc.
Lunch: Toasted wholemeal sandwich stuffed with cheese and baked beans (yummy) and bottle water/ 2 plums & apple.
Dinner: Chicken/ brown rice/ cabbage & gravy sauce with flaxmeal in the sauce followed by lge glass water. Bowl of tinned mixed fruit.
Dose of lactulose after dinner and big tablespoon of olive oil before bed!
Needless to say - loads of water inbetween or more chamomile tea (Big fan of fruit teas!) Also I don't drink alcohol/ normal tea or coffee (don't like it - lucky for me)
I also love what I eat...my partner happily ate sausage sandwiches (white bread) and had fish & chips for lunch....I was quite happy with the healthy alternatives!!! :)
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Maple Glazed Salmon

Postby Bumpkin » 25 Sep 2012, 15:36

I had to share what I made for dinner last night because it was so easy & delicious. Maple glazed salmon with a large side of steamed asparagus spears.
Here's a link to the recipe for the salmon. I only bought half the salmon as called for because it's just me & my hubby and we limit our protein to 4oz servings. Also, I added a teaspoon of chopped garlic to the ingredients.
http://www.food.com/recipe/maple-glazed-salmon-102139
After dinner, I had a few squares of dark chocolate infused with lavender and French sea salt. Oh. My. Goodness. Silky deliciousness.
I love food!
Bumpkin
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby PinkSparkle » 27 Sep 2012, 15:28

apple pie
chicken breasts
2 tea
a pear
soup
biscuits
fiber bar
PinkSparkle
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Bumpkin » 27 Sep 2012, 15:43

mmmm...apple pie Image
Bumpkin
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby PinkSparkle » 07 Oct 2012, 13:05

milk&cereals
a banana
a sandwich
water
PinkSparkle
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby chathemant » 07 Jan 2013, 19:41

2 eggs with carnitas
steamed kale and broccoli
Beans and brown rice
lima beans
chathemant

Topics: 1

Postby delasama » 13 Jan 2013, 14:01

i have had blood in stool and pain for 3 months and even went to doc. he poked around in there and didnt feel anything. said it could be a fissure. he prescribed me suppositories and told me to drink metamucil three times a day. i stopped using the suppositories after a couple days, because i heard they dont really help and they can iritate or thin the skin after a week. after the doctor visit i drank a cup of metamucil and started a diet consisting of soft things such as activia yogurt, v8 fusion juices, fish, lots of fruits and avacados with italian dressing, quino,applesauce,egg whites, brown beans,whole grain bread and lots of raw honey...the same evening i saw the doctor i had a soft dinner and caffine free tea and the next morning i pooped and it was bloody and hurt. that evening i pooped and it was softer and no blood. its been 3 days since and i poop 2-4 times a day and no blood in three days.it still hurts after pooping, but i think its trying to heal. between the metamucil three times a day and lots of water and caffine free tea and the soft diet with lots of activia,fruit,green veggies(asparagus spears,brokly with cheese...)v8 fusion juices,fish,apple sauce, bran flakes cereal with bannnannas, chicken salad, potato salad, lentil veggie soup,brown beans, baby spinage salad with olive oil based dressing... the main thing is to drink metamucil and keep soft diet so stool is soft! you might use toilet more and angel gas alot but its better than pooping blood!!sitting on your butt or standing in one spot for a while is bad too. take one hot bath a day also to help blood flow down there. if u have to sit alot then buy a donut cushion from walgreens or somewhere. they are like 20 bucks. they have a hole in the middle and relieve pressure (great for in car!) ~i hope this heals u. p.s. one hard poop restarts the healing process, so dont eat red meats or plain chicken...
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby delasama » 22 Jan 2013, 16:46

breakfast i had metamucil,multi vitamin,activia yogurt, oatmeal and i put raisins and fruit and honey and cinnamon in it.lunch i had applesauce and chocolate protein drink. dinner i had left over home made lentil veggie soup.
delasama
King Fissure

Postby delasama » 27 Jan 2013, 01:13

ate bran flakes and bannanana for dinner. not much but i was affraid if i ate big meal then i would have to poop again then i would curl up in a ball on the floor and die
delasama
King Fissure

I can dream can't I?

Postby dangading » 27 Jan 2013, 18:15

So far I've had a large stack of buttermilk pancakes, Chorizo, Hashbrowns, eggs, Coffee, mamosa.
Then for lunch I had a meatlovers pizza, tons of Coke, and a molten lava cake. I think I'll have a carne asada burrito for dinner. Or maybe Chicken and Waffles. Tomorrow I'll eat McDonalds all day.
Bring on the pain baby!!!!!! Just kidding LOL. I actually had raisin bran with almond milk and two eggs with a piece of ezekiel bread.
-Dangading
dangading
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1