What did you eat today?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: What did you eat today?

Postby owmybum » 28 Jan 2013, 03:14

dangading wrote:So far I've had a large stack of buttermilk pancakes, Chorizo, Hashbrowns, eggs, Coffee, mamosa.
Then for lunch I had a meatlovers pizza, tons of Coke, and a molten lava cake. I think I'll have a carne asada burrito for dinner. Or maybe Chicken and Waffles. Tomorrow I'll eat McDonalds all day.
Bring on the pain baby!!!!!! Just kidding LOL. I actually had raisin bran with almond milk and two eggs with a piece of ezekiel bread.
-Dangading

fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby delasama » 29 Jan 2013, 08:37

branflakes with blueberries and multivitamin and water and juice and activia for breakfast.
avacado with salad dressing for snack and bannana and dried apricots and tiny bit of pistasios.
lentil veggie soup for lunch and dinner. (repeat...)
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby delasama » 30 Jan 2013, 20:01

does anyone know any soft foods that are high in fiber?
delasama
King Fissure

Postby delasama » 31 Jan 2013, 14:21

breakfast- activia, gluten free chex cereal with blueberries,avacado, high fiber gluten free bread. lunch- letil veggie soup, asparagus with grape seed oil ...
delasama
King Fissure

Postby PurpleTulip » 01 Feb 2013, 16:12

Been fighting a Fissure for 4 months now and finally got my BM's to be a consistent slippery semi-solid that does not cause a tear. I've had no blood on toilet paper for 3 weeks now. Here is how I'm doing it.
1. Nifedipine is a MUST HAVE. Get it in compound form (nifedipine 0.2 in white petrolatum, is just medicated Vaseline). It is AMAZING! It stops my anus from tightening around a big bm and therefore there is less chance it will bleed. I apply a pea-sized amount internally 3x a day and before a bm.
I thank both my new diet and the Nifedipine for having no blood on tp.
My new Diet:
2. AM and PM I have a teaspoon of "Fiber Harmony" by Organic India "Organic Tri Active Blend". I dont know how this really compares to other mixable fiber supplement, but I'm not switching now that I have found something that works. I mix this teaspoon with prune juice, chug it morning and night.
3. Breakfast is always: Grape-Nuts Cereal with soymilk (it has fiber) 1 tablespoon Flax Seed Meal and 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon (cinnamon has fiber).
4. Drink water all day
5. Take Vitamin C supplements, about 2-3,000 mg
6. Eat a high fiber diet for lunch and dinner.
This has been working amazingly. When I first was trying to remedy my AF I thought that eating fruit and taking some gummy fibers and a stool softener would be helpful, but it gave me an inconsistent texture of BM, which would initially come out hard and rocky (and make the fissure bleed) followed by a smoother BM (but it didnt matter that the later part of the BM was smooth, because the initial part already caused it to bleed).
I stopped taking the softeners, because my doctor told me that might have been the reason for the inconsistent texture. And I stopped putting other herbal remedies up my anus, because that just made it sting. Aloe = ouch and itching.
Do yourself a favor and get all those ingredients and rx I mentioned and try it, you're worth it. I'm going to keep up this diet and rx for another month at least just to ensure that the AF goes away.
PurpleTulip

Postby delasama » 02 Feb 2013, 22:14

breakfast- activia,cereal with blueberries,miralax 17g(miralax is awesome!) lunch- one teaspoon metamucil, quinoa with cinnamon and apple sauce, bannanana. dinner-salmon,peas, squash soup 17g miralax, ginger tea with honey and coconut oil, multivitamin and probiotic pills, pistachios... this deffinetly gives me soft poop.
delasama
King Fissure

Postby delasama » 12 Feb 2013, 16:18

Gluten free cereal with blueberries and coconut milk and max dose of miralax.
Lunch-red quinoa mixed with apple sauce and cinnamon. Also asparagus with grape seed oil and garlic powder and salt. And one teaspoon of Metamucil.
Dinner-will probably have polenta with garlic pasta sauce on it and peas and another max dose of miralax and tea and alot of water ...
delasama
King Fissure

Postby Rachael 1984 » 16 Feb 2013, 05:46

Hi everyone, I am pretty new to this forum! Can anyone help me with Fissure friendly foods that can help me gain weight??? I have dropped from 9stone to just under 8! I look Ill. On fish, chicken, veggies, fruit, water, fruit teas. This is good for the fissure and IBS, but not for weight! Everyone keeps telling me how ill I look! 2AF's 😈😈😈😈 booked for Botox in April. On Macrogol, and Rectogesic,again! Helpppppp!
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby delasama » 16 Feb 2013, 12:06

Rachael 1984 :D
I cook quinoa and you can add stuff to it like applesauce with cinnamon...it's full of protein...quinoa is like a super food and it comes out soft when you poop.i also cook lentil veggie soup.also I buy polenta that is pre cooked, so I just put a little pasta sauce on it and microwave it....
delasama
King Fissure

Postby Rachael 1984 » 17 Feb 2013, 04:57

Thank you, I will try this. I am also taking build up drinks, which you mix with milk. X
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!