What did you eat today?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: What did you eat today?

Postby tysolara » 27 Feb 2013, 15:13

Hello to all,
I am just so confused, frustrated and extremely depressed about what i cannot and can eat!
I have resulted to eating the same foods everyday ever since i had a retear three weeks after i became pain free. I am currently experiencing tolerable pain/discomfort- Thank God!! I am so afraid to go to bed every night with fear of what I will wake up to. Therefore to help ease my anxiety I am reluctantly to try anything new. However i thought i would join the forum as I have found so many of the post helpful. ( Thank you to all who post and a Grateful thank you to the created)
My diet has kept me feeling very little discomfort and has made my bowl movements tolerable.
So Here is what I eat:
Breakfast-- Fiber One Cereal (U.S. bound)
i mix both honey cluster and original cereal in with Almond milk . I occasionally add in blueberries.
Lunch- Vegetable soup and Quinoa
The soup is very bland but works for me - I don't know if my taste buds remember what "flavor" tastes like.
Soup consists of water, carrots, celery, parsley,onion, olive oil pinto beans. I boil everything together for an hour.
I top off with a pear or two - Sometimes I crave sweets. i am a coffee lover. I used to drink 3 cups a day and always baked sweets. So when i am feeling really down and need a pick me up, I bake a pear, cut it into four and sprinkle a little cinnamon. It helps kill my sugar craving.
Dinner-
I switch on and off from broccoli and broccoli rabe( this is found in some areas of US.) I add a ton of olive oil.
again a pear, or a cantaloupe. Cantaloupe has a lot of fiber.
Nightime snack-
Another bowl of cereal and milk
***** with all this i drink 3 to 4 liters- 3-4 quarts of water a day********* VERY IMPORTANT*********************
I noticed if i drink from a bottle, i tend to drink more water. I bought a bottle of "smart water" and i refill it three times a day. I carry it with me everywhere- even when i am taking a sits bath.
This has helped me. I hope it helps some else out there too.
I would love substitutions to my very lavish menu so any comments or suggestions that are SAFE would be greatly appreciated.
tysolara

Postby delasama » 27 Feb 2013, 20:24

Hi Tysolara- I take 17g of miralax with breakfast and dinner just in case. I know what you mean about bland fissure food. I used to eat barbaque chicken and grill steak every week! Here are some things that I eat for soft poops.
1)Bake a sweet potatoe for at least an hour at 350.while it is baking crumble a little feta cheese into a bowl.add a couple tablespoons of orange juice and a teaspoon of ground cumin to cheese and mix. When sweet potatoe is done cut it open and top with feta mixture.and enjoy! If you want to get fancy you can drizzle a little grape seed oil on sweet potatoe before you add mixture then sprinkle fresh chopped parsley on top of feta mixture.serve with peas or asparagus or boiled green beans. I add butter and a very mild spice mix that is made for a chicken maranaid.makes a good dinner.
2) boil three eggs then throw out the yokes. Sprinkle the egg whites with a little salt or garlic powder.makes a good snack.
3)lentil veggie soup. In a big pot drizzle a little grape seed oil or olive oil.chop up one onion,a bunch of celery, carrots,a little minced garlic and ginger add to pot then sautee for a few minutes then add one cup lentils, two cups water,four cups chicken cooking broth.stir and bring to boil then reduce heat to a simmer then add a couple bay leaves then cover and simmer for an hour. You can add peas to it too. Makes good lunch and dinners. Put extra in fridge, lasts for days.
4)my daily breakfast is quinoa mixed with apple sauce and cinnamon.
5)good snacks are avocado or cucumber drizzled with salad dressing.rasins.dried apricots.mango.bannana.greek yogurt....
6) I was eating cereal, but it made me poop too much because I'm on miralax.miralax saved my life. These foods give me soft poops, but miralax makes them even softer no matter what.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby delasama » 27 Feb 2013, 20:39

I also eat marinaded fish once a week, but I'm not sure i would have before I went on miralax. the fish comes out fine with the miralax.
delasama
King Fissure

Postby tysolara » 27 Feb 2013, 22:02

Hi delasama
thanks for your response and suggestions. Before joining i had read many of your posts. They were very helpful. I want to thank you for taking the time to write.
Not sure if If I read correctly, but if you are surgery bound, I wish you a safe and fast recovery. I hope the surgery takes away all your pain and helps you get back to "normal" life again.
I, too take1/2 cap miralax twice a day-morning and night.
I am afraid of trying sweet potato thinking it may add too much bulk and then cause pain. I noticed if a day goes by where i try to switch up my diet (ex quino w/ soup for lunch and brown rice/soup for dinner instead of greens for dinner) I have pain the next day. I just dont know what to do.
Has this happened to you?
Also- what type of fish have you eaten? I read that salmon is not a good choice with anal fissures.

tysolara

Postby delasama » 27 Feb 2013, 23:00

I see a crs for first time next Wednesday and hopefully he will give me some cream for fissure.I take twice the miralax than you. My crs told me on phone to take full cap (17g) in morning and again at night. Since I started doing this I have had soft poops.i eat steel head trout. I make my own maranaid. I cook it so that its soft and still full of good fish oils. I will post the maranaid recipie and how I cook it later.feel free to pm anytime. I like getting messages :D
delasama
King Fissure